C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Reproduction Master Cylinder 022

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 08:47 AM
pikespeakfuelie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reproduction Master Cylinder 022

Has anyone used one of these new reproduction master cylinders that Zip and others are offering? Any comments would be great! Will they pass judging? They seem like a very reasonable price taking into effect the cost of having an original sleeved and rebuilt. That you for any info you can provide as I need to either rebuild my master cylinder or purchase one of these soon. Greg
Old 09-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

No way will the Zip m/c pass judging.

The cap and casting have larger diameter threads (so the original cap cannot be used), and is a different color.

Plus cap is easily cross-threaded when reinstalling - cap is made from a softer plastic.

Plasticman

Last edited by Plasticman; 09-21-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:19 AM
pikespeakfuelie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Plasticman
No way will the Zip m/c pass judging.

The cap and casting have larger diameter threads (so the original cap cannot be used), and is a different color.

Plus cap is easily cross-threaded when reinstalling - cap is made from a softer plastic.

Plasticman
Thank You for the reply. My Corvette is a 1960 and I do have an original cast cap, but I appreciate your information. I will watch for other comments, but it looks like I will need to restore one of my original large 022 master cylinders to keep everything I can original on my restoration project. Greg

Last edited by pikespeakfuelie; 09-21-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: extra unneeded word.

Get notified of new replies

To Reproduction Master Cylinder 022

Quick Reply: Reproduction Master Cylinder 022