C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 Coupe vent window removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:17 PM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Default 67 Coupe vent window removal

It appears the side window glass needs to be removed first. Is that correct? Thanks as I'm attempting this now
Old 09-22-2014, 04:22 PM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Side window and vent assembly are out. Quite the ball buster. Other side SHOULD be easier. So much for me getting the doors off today!

ps. I see it took me 3 hours

Last edited by TWINRAY; 09-23-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:21 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 734 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINRAY
Side window and vent assembly are out. Quite the ball buster. Other side SHOULD be easier. So much for me getting the doors off today!
Twinray
Sorry I did not get this up for you sooner. I made some revisions on the "door anatomy" document earlier today.

Maybe it will help when you put things back together.
Dave Z
Attached Images
Old 09-22-2014, 06:43 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by DZVette
Twinray
Sorry I did not get this up for you sooner. I made some revisions on the "door anatomy" document earlier today.

Dave Z
Thanks for your work. I printed out your 2004 Door Anatomy and window crank removal articles this afternoon. I see you've updated both articles so I'm printing them out now. I really like your idea for a "tether" on the Omega clips for future removal. Good job.

I'm getting ready to remove my door panels for the first time and your articles are going to be my guide.

BTW, I don't suppose there's any explanation why GM didn't use set screws on the crank handles or a screw through the middle of the crank hub directly into the shaft with a trim piece on the crank hub to hide the screw instead of those clips <LOL>.

-- Steve
Old 09-22-2014, 11:47 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

It appears the side window glass needs to be removed first. Is that correct? Thanks as I'm attempting this now
It is possible to remove the vent window assembly without removing the side glass. It is difficult and time consuming but probably still better than removing the side glass unless you need to remove the side glass for some other reason. The weatherstrip around the vent window is very tough to get reinstalled correctly but it will go.

Good luck on the other side.

Jay
Old 09-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

You can remove the vent window ***'y without removing the side glass but it is best to do so. It makes "stabbing" and "unstabbing" the long vent window track MUCH easier and chances of paint dings drop dramatically.

Since you said you are removing the doors I'm not seeing the problem. You'll want to completely gut them anyway before removal.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 AM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Removal of the rear window track was a bit of a tussle. Even after removal of the bottom screw (which I initially thought frozen) inside the door holding the track liner, and the 2 bolts on the outside of the door holding the track, the track still didn't want to come out. Thanks to Dave Z for the PDF file. I had your original one printed out and it was most helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:32 AM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DZVette
Twinray

Dave Z
Yeah, putting it all back together

thanks for the files - couldn't have done it without them - well, probably could but something wouda broke
Old 09-23-2014, 06:08 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 734 Likes on 454 Posts

Yeah, putting it all back together

thanks for the files - couldn't have done it without them - well, probably could but something wouda broke
Glad the info was of use to you.
I could never figure out how to get the vent assembly out without removing the side glass. Frankie's comment on paint damage is spot on. Don't ask me how I know.

Maybe if one removed that stud at the bottom first you might be able to pull the assembly back, up and out.

As for me and my skill level, I'll stick with pulling the window. It's not that big of a deal.

DZ
Old 09-23-2014, 06:14 PM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

"Other" side took about 1 hr. today. Totally different inner rear side tract. ?? Photos will follow.

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Coupe vent window removal

Quick Reply: 67 Coupe vent window removal