C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

NCRS Northern CA Judging Meet - What to Expect?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 07:00 PM
billyhi
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NCRS Northern CA Judging Meet - What to Expect?

I haven't been to a judging meet yet, but I'm thinking about going to the Fall Judging Meet in Sonora, CA on 4-Oct. Can anyone give me tips about what to expect? Will it just be a bunch of pristine cars in a big parking lot being pored over by a gaggle of judges with notebooks, pens and flashlights? Or are there typically other components to the event like swap meet, vendor displays, vehicles for sale, car show models (ha!)?

I'm in the market for a 56-57 resto-mod project. I wouldn't expect to find one at a judging meet, but I would hope to see a few completed ones that give me ideas. Can anyone offer a rough estimate of how many cars I might see at a northern California event like this? Is it closer to 1-2 dozen, 5-6 dozen or 10-20 dozen?

It would be great to get an idea what's in store before I commit to the five hour round trip.

Thanks for any tips,
Billy
Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by billyhi
I haven't been to a judging meet yet, but I'm thinking about going to the Fall Judging Meet in Sonora, CA on 4-Oct. Can anyone give me tips about what to expect? Will it just be a bunch of pristine cars in a big parking lot being pored over by a gaggle of judges with notebooks, pens and flashlights? Or are there typically other components to the event like swap meet, vendor displays, vehicles for sale, car show models (ha!)?

I'm in the market for a 56-57 resto-mod project. I wouldn't expect to find one at a judging meet, but I would hope to see a few completed ones that give me ideas. Can anyone offer a rough estimate of how many cars I might see at a northern California event like this? Is it closer to 1-2 dozen, 5-6 dozen or 10-20 dozen?

It would be great to get an idea what's in store before I commit to the five hour round trip.

Thanks for any tips,
Billy
The 40-50 Chapter Judging Meets are much smaller than the six Regional Meets and the week-long National Convention, and you won't find swap meets, vendor displays, or for sale corrals at a Chapter Meet. Maybe someone from that California chapter will chime in.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,687 Posts

hibilly-
I will be making that 5 hour drive up to Sonora from Los Angeles to judge at that meet. And another 5 hours drive back. I am a masochist.
It will be a very small meet, with only three cars in the flight judging lineup.
So, I think I can say there will be few older vettes there to view. There will not be any ancillary activities there besides the judging. So, expect to see a gaggle of judges with their clipboards, pencils and flashlights swarming over three cars, and several newer vettes in the adjoining parking area.
Where are you located?
drop me an email if you care to discuss. I can tell you that resto-mod cars at judging meets, except for say the FLA Regional, or a National meet are pretty rare.

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS Northern CA Judging Meet - What to Expect?

Quick Reply: NCRS Northern CA Judging Meet - What to Expect?