C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

I dodged a bullet today...What Crappy sad day..

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 01:21 AM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Railroadman
mrg, looking at the first pic I can see the handle will turn when you pull the **** toward you. But it appears the cable would just flex - is it really stiff enough to allow you to restore it by pushing the ****, without having to pop the hood? I'm guessing "yes, it works" but the pic makes me ask.
Cable operation works fairly smooth both ways. The only area of the cable that flexes when the handle **** is pushed forward is at the loop that comes out of the firewall and then turns 90 degrees towards the cut off switch. Cable movement was about 1/8 inch, or so.

The part of the cable at the end that runs near the area in question (red wire) doesn't flex at all. The small hold down bracket at the end keeps the cable fairly straight and stiff. .. I set up a mirror today to check it while push/pulling the handle ****. You guys had me wondering!. . . Something else tore the tape wrap exposing the red wire.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:51 AM
rtruman
Safety Car

Received 441 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by mrg
Cable operation works fairly smooth both ways. The only area of the cable that flexes when the handle **** is pushed forward is at the loop that comes out of the firewall and then turns 90 degrees towards the cut off switch. Cable movement was about 1/8 inch, or so.

The part of the cable at the end that runs near the area in question (red wire) doesn't flex at all. The small hold down bracket at the end keeps the cable fairly straight and stiff. .. I set up a mirror today to check it while push/pulling the handle ****. You guys had me wondering!. . . Something else tore the tape wrap exposing the red wire.
Good deal, great idea NCRS would frown who cares.

Quick Reply: I dodged a bullet today...What Crappy sad day..