C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Great weekend at Bristol, TN Super Chey Show for my 1964 with the girly name "Lydia"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Default Great weekend at Bristol, TN Super Chey Show for my 1964 with the girly name "Lydia"

I'd never been to a been to a Super Chevy Show before, so I decide to do the short short drive up to Bristol, TN from Chattanooga this past weekend.

I really enjoyed show. I liked the way they break the car classes up, some by years like 1953-67, with two more Vette year class car model then within each class they seperate the car by STOCK; STREET (stock apperance, but changes like headers, wheels, etc move you to this class) and MODIFIED. To make it even more enjoyable for entrants they give out two awards in each class, Class winner and Outsdanding in Class. Setup makes for a lot of people taking home an award, or award and Super Chevy Jacket. By the way you can show up on Sunday, enter and be judged because that is the day they do the judging for class awards. You don't have to be there both days.

Super Chevy Magazine has their " Super Chevy Editors Choice Awards" too. They pick 10 cars on Saturday out of the entire field to recieve one of these awards.

Lydia (my 1964 vette) was one of the 10 Editor's Choice picks. I think what got her Super Chevy judge attention, was the fact that I had driven up on Friday for test and tune at Strip as a True Street & DOT class car. Only got to make 3 runs as the majority of time was given to the faster Bracket & higher Class cars that need the time to dial them in. I made the best out them, and from what a couple of people watching said, the anouncer in booth got excited when car's Et/MPH 12.08/117MPH flashed up on time board, an said now that's a Corvette. From what same people told me, he made even more comments about car when I was staging for my next run as I just pull up to staging line, staged while other car was doing a burnout. I don't even try to do a burn out as car can't even spin the tires leaving the line even with 300 treadware tires, hence 1.97 to 2.03 60' times....LOL.

If you go to link below, and click on gallery, you will see the quote, "Subtle body lines helped win an Editor's Choice award."

http://www.superchevy.com/events/201...e-show-awards/

Sunday's judging for 1953-1967 Corvette Modified class award was unexpected also as Lydia was Class Winner while the overall best modified car was truly a tastefully 1961 fully customized car to which was given the Outstanding award instead. It's owned by a great couple from South Carolina who had seen me racing on Friday and could not believe I did that. Had I not made the 1/4 mile runs I believe the class judging would have been reversed as it was a trailered car. At most any other car show it would have been the Class winner.

Guess you can tell I'm a happy, bragging car owner....LOL

Last edited by Poorhousenext; 09-29-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:44 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

You've built an excellent car, and I think the real bragging rights come from making the drive and then the passes down the strip!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:48 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Jere,
Congrats to Lydia and you, job well done!
Rick
Old 09-29-2014, 03:30 PM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Jere,

Congratulations! Well deserved.

We've been to the Bristol Super Chevy event three times and always had a great time. Might go back next year. One year we got to drive the track which was very interesting.

Nice to meet you and see your car in person in Carlisle.

Rich
Old 09-29-2014, 08:36 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,492 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
You've built an excellent car, and I think the real bragging rights come from making the drive and then the passes down the strip!
The car is stunning and you don't have to look hard to see it!
Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the complements on my car.

My hope is that some of you will take your cars to a Super Chevy Show(s) in your area. Need to get more Corvettes, all year models out for young people and kids to see.

Originally Posted by richscorvettes
Jere,

Congratulations! Well deserved.

We've been to the Bristol Super Chevy event three times and always had a great time. Might go back next year. One year we got to drive the track which was very interesting.

Nice to meet you and see your car in person in Carlisle.

Rich
Rich, good to meet you in person for the second time. Easy for me to remember but you were very busy fielding questions about "Split Personality" at Carlisle that day. Hope to see you at some other events in the future.

Last edited by Poorhousenext; 10-01-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:27 AM
65tripleblack
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 212 Posts

Oh Lydia, my Lydia...................Lydia the tattooed lady.............
Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 65tripleblack
Oh Lydia, my Lydia...................Lydia the tattooed lady.............
Groucho Marx - Lydia the Tattooed Lady - YouTube
Song is apporiate for my Lydia from all the designs made by rock chips on my dear to me "Lydia the Rock Tattooed Lady,,,,LOL

Since I'm not "Young and Dumb" anymore, just "Old and Stupid" I thought I'd try something new, maybe give my Lydia a Male non transgendered Perternal Twin, to hang out with...

On this one I'll be setting myself up for "Failure" with goal I have for him. He want be Handsome, so I'm not looking for a good Southern name. Thought about Billy Bob, but don't want him to be compared to Thournton, and too Southern, so I'm thinking Jimmy Joe, two good Northern names instead. I know he's going to be Loud, Proud and Ugly. For sure not Stunning in looks department like "Lydia"...

Get notified of new replies

To Great weekend at Bristol, TN Super Chey Show for my 1964 with the girly name "Lydia"

Quick Reply: Great weekend at Bristol, TN Super Chey Show for my 1964 with the girly name "Lydia"