C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Several Issues I could use advice on

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Buttonhead
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Several Issues I could use advice on

My 1967 BB started having some issues.

1. right headlight door does not open completely. It is hitting the stop. How do I adjust it?
2. Ammeter gauge stopped working. Turn several items on and it does not move.
3. Temp gauge initially goes to normal temp and than slowly drifts all the way to the right and pins itself. I checked temperature with an IR gun and it is normal. Is this most likely ther gauge or sending unit?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:17 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by Buttonhead
My 1967 BB started having some issues.

1. right headlight door does not open completely. It is hitting the stop. How do I adjust it?
2. Ammeter gauge stopped working. Turn several items on and it does not move.
3. Temp gauge initially goes to normal temp and than slowly drifts all the way to the right and pins itself. I checked temperature with an IR gun and it is normal. Is this most likely ther gauge or sending unit?

Thanks in advance.
1. Adjust the bolt at the "open" side of the Y-stop.

2. Chances are you have an open circuit inside the fuse block inboard connector for the black and for the black/white sense wire.

3. Gauge Test - with the key "on", remove the green wire from the sending unit terminal - the gauge should peg to full cold. Then touch the wire to an engine ground, and the gauge should peg to full hot. If the gauge tests like this, the sending unit has gone bad.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JohnZ; 09-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Buttonhead
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnZ
1. Adjust the bolt at the "open" side of the Y-stop.

2. Chances are you have an open circuit inside the fuse block inboard connector for the black and for the black/white sense wire.

3. Gauge Test - with the key "on", remove the green wire from the sending unit terminal - the gauge should peg to full cold. Then touch the wire to an engine ground, and the gauge should peg to full hot. If the gauge tests like this, the sending unit has gone bad.
Thanks a million John!

Get notified of new replies

To Several Issues I could use advice on

Quick Reply: Several Issues I could use advice on