Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Need a windshield clip for my 63 vert.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Need a windshield clip for my 63 vert.

So I'm about to install my windshield stainless when I realize I'm missing the lower clip on the driver side vertical piece. No problem, Paragon has them. So I buy a pair only to see the original clip is 1/8" deeper. The repro one will never catch the clip on the body. Paragon said they use them all the time and work fine. There's only one source for them they say.
I have the original front end on my car and all the other clips match up fine.
Does anyone have a clip lying around they can spare, or offer a suggestion on how to fix this?

repo clip on the left, original on the right.
Attached Images   
Old 10-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I don't have any spares but just a general comment. You do know that there are two sizes of windshield clips for '63 and I can't say but if you needed the wider one perhaps you ordered the skinny one instead. Paragon IS supposed to have the nearly correct clips (both types) I've been told...
Old 10-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

The body has two different size clips. The one I need goes on the molding itself and clips onto the clip on the body.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:47 PM
65 Pro Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 573 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Ken Sungela
The body has two different size clips. The one I need goes on the molding itself and clips onto the clip on the body.
I have not seen a repro of that clip anywhere. I found a few originals for my car. That clip you show is 64 67.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 65 Pro Vette
I have not seen a repro of that clip anywhere. I found a few originals for my car. That clip you show is 64 67.
The new clip is from paragon and is listed as 63-67. Do you mean the old clip shown on the molding is for 64 67 you think?
Old 10-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Boyan
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 292 Posts

Default Clip

Ken, I have been looking for this clip for over 5 years. You are correct, the 63 convertible is a one time only part. Most people have no idea what it is so they assume you are talking about the ones in the windshield frames. Also Paragon has no clue and Ive tried to explain to them that the clip they sell will not work because its too short....but they are not interested in making the correct parts. I am considering pulling my windshield and converting to 64 style. The one clip I did find from a salvaged car is so rusty it will brake when you push it in. I will keep you in mind if I find any more. Please let me know if you find an extra one also.
Boyan
Old 10-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Paragon just buys it from the manufacturer. I pulled my windshield back out yesterday, modified the clip, but broke the first one. Modified the second one and got it to work. I wanted to make one more slight bend, then crack, broke again. I ordered 2 more from someone else on ebay and will have it Tuesday. I"ll post a pick how it turns out.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I ordered a new clip from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-Windshield-Molding-Clip-Cconvertible-Side-Lower-2-1963-1967-/281160933619?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACorvette&hash=item41767f60f3I thought it was the same as the one from Paragon, only cheaper, but the clipping end was shaped a little different. The bends are sharper.
After seeing how it fit against the body clip, I cut off the end a little so it would hook into the body clip, which you can see in the last picture. I also had to narrow the clip where it slips into the molding. After re-installing the windshield, the trim fit well.
Attached Images    

Get notified of new replies

To Need a windshield clip for my 63 vert.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a windshield clip for my 63 vert.