C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Recomms for classic car ins companies

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I don't even know why this has bordered on a "urinary competition". It was "buyer beware" when you bought your classic car and its "buyer beware" when you insure it.

Several on here have apparently had good experiences with add on coverage to their DD policy. I personally insure with a company whose "core" business is collector car insurance. Purely personal preference.....
Old 10-21-2014, 08:32 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

I use Barrett-Jackson Insurance program which is handled by AIG. I currently have
5 cars insured with them at a value of 360,000 and i pay 1200.00 per year

I took off a quarter panel on a car a few years ago while pulling into my garage at my old house and they took care of the full repair cost, no issues!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 AM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,267 Likes on 508 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

This dog is not chewing on a bone
Then let it go.

That's the "Courtesy" I would like to be afforded. . . the ability to post my opinion and experience concerning insurance for my Corvette without the continual, relentless onslaught of the same "Oh no you can't" response. Which is also, by the way, only opinion and not borne out by the facts. Oh,yes, I can . . . and I have. And it works.

Can we all just agree that the Corvette owner is responsible for doing his or her own research concerning insuring their cars? There are many, many companies that offer it. Their rates and coverages vary. Their track records ALL include praises and horror stories. Every One of them. Some of them specialize in collector car insurance, some are "mainline" insurance companies, and some pretend to be the one while actually being the other. Do your homework. Many daily driver companies do offer this coverage - it may or may not work for you, depending on what it is, what it covers, and when. This is also true for the collector car insurance companies. That has been my only point all along - that the "mainline" companies are simply another option that many Corvette owners may not have considered, and they should.

It has become apparent that I am not allowed to say this without constant rebuttal on how such coverage is worthless and the agents of these companies don't know what they're talking about. I'm sorry, but these are false generalities and need to be exposed as such. At this point I agree that we have exhausted the subject and I will allow the collector car insurance industry to have the last word, which I am sure they will. All you Corvette owners, just be aware that you have choices regardless of what they may say. I will not post further on the subject, to which everyone said "Amen!".
Old 10-21-2014, 09:56 AM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

I'll let it go if you will.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Daren67
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I would rather see Donny Brass Videos than beating this dead horse topic. Close it down.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:26 AM
66TexVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

As the OP of this thread, I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question. Your advice & experiences were very helpful and appreciated. I am sorry that it stirred up such a vigorous debate among some of the bro's. After getting quotes from several companies including 2 daily driver and 3 classic car companies, I want to report that I selected NCM Insurance Co.

Adam Boca & Bobbie Jo were so helpful & easy to work with, providing me very professional & personal service, promptly, attentively, & patiently with good communication. Excellent coverage all around - proper agreed value amount, generous mileage limit, liability coverage limits I had to have, good menu of ancillary coverage features, and best of all, at a great price that no one else could touch! I can now recommend them highly at this point in our early relationship. Based on my experience so far with Adam & Bobbie Jo, I would expect their claims service to be equally superior. Please consider this thread now closed for me. Thank you all again.

Randy T.
66TexVette

Last edited by 66TexVette; 10-25-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Recomms for classic car ins companies