C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Y0GI
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Revfan
Tux... you are one observant reader!

Actually... to be honest.....

When I got my car, I thought it would be all about the driving/owning experience. I never thought I'd get a '67 and lucked into one at the top of my price range. To boil all the water off... the car that I got needed work. So the last two years have been a learning experience for me. Drive during summer, major work during winter.
I had my car shipped to the base I was stationed at (Ansbach) and it arrived in the fall, so the first winter was EVERYTHING in the engine bay except the engine being restored/repaired/redone. I did everything myself except the steering box and washer/wiper motor. AND the entire cockpit... new seat frames, covers, dash harness, heating system... everything except carpet.

Had a blast driving my first spring/summer/fall, and in the 2nd winter, it was differential, trailing arms, brakes, shocks, u-joints, driveshaft.

This past summer was even more awesome.

I really have been rounding 3rd and getting close to home on the car. I should finish up a soft top install and a clutch fan replacement by this weekend and then I am done.

The point is, I have learned so much, and loved so many different aspects about Corvette ownership... that I want to do it all again. I enjoyed being out in the garage working on the car, running inside to the computer to ask a question about something... running back out to the garage to scrape my knuckles and complete the task.

I can't afford to keep this one AND get another, so I'd have to sell one to fund the next. I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched, but somebody is coming to look at the car this weekend!

If it all works out, I'll be in the hunt again (Heck, I enjoy THAT process too!).

I will know a heck of a lot more the second time around... but I am guessing that it will be every bit as fun!
Are you still stationed at Ansbach? Did you have any problems registering the Vette over there? I've heard that the Euros have different regs for some things like turn signal light color, back up lights, etc.?

Good luck with the sale! What will you be looking for to replace it?

Yogi
Old 02-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

I registered the car as a Historic Vehicle. You got to go through a super-duper state inspection which cost about $350 and they are pretty critical about stuff. For mine, I just needed to change the lights to the european style... so I got a relay kit and changed the headlights.

They were concerned about the loudness of my side pipes. The limit was 95 on their scale and mine (with the 327/300 was 92.

Other than that, it was good to go. Classic Cars in Germany are called "Oldtimers". C2s and C3s are pretty rare. I was at a show in September with about 200 or so cars from all over. I think there were 5 C1s, 5 C2s... Lots of C3s and mostly C5s and C6s The average age of the owners is a little lower here too. The Other C2 owners I saw and talked to were between 32-45 years old. C1 guys were a bit older... 48-55 or so.

I am not in Ansbach now... we PCS'd to Stuttgart/Panzer Kasserne in August.

What I would be looking for....
I would hope to be able to take my own advice and get the best car for the money I had to spend. When I first started looking, in Earnest, almost 4 years ago now, I had a laundry list of stuff... but I KNEW NOTHING!

When I first started looking, I liked any color but Marina Blue. God, of course, with his sense of humor, had other Ideas. And I ended up with a Marina Blue 67. I LOVE it!

I was infatuated with Convertibles at the time, and REALLY like em, but as fate would have it, a Helicopter Pilot in Ansbach restored a 66 Coupe and we got to be fast friends. I appreciate Coupes a whole lot more... they actually look much better in person (and they look great in Photos!)

Maybe one of the members here has been thinking about letting their car go... and I could be in the right place at the right time.... you never know!
Old 02-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Y0GI
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I registered the car as a Historic Vehicle. You got to go through a super-duper state inspection which cost about $350 and they are pretty critical about stuff. For mine, I just needed to change the lights to the european style... so I got a relay kit and changed the headlights.

They were concerned about the loudness of my side pipes. The limit was 95 on their scale and mine (with the 327/300 was 92.

Other than that, it was good to go. Classic Cars in Germany are called "Oldtimers". C2s and C3s are pretty rare. I was at a show in September with about 200 or so cars from all over. I think there were 5 C1s, 5 C2s... Lots of C3s and mostly C5s and C6s The average age of the owners is a little lower here too. The Other C2 owners I saw and talked to were between 32-45 years old. C1 guys were a bit older... 48-55 or so.

I am not in Ansbach now... we PCS'd to Stuttgart/Panzer Kasserne in August.

What I would be looking for....
I would hope to be able to take my own advice and get the best car for the money I had to spend. When I first started looking, in Earnest, almost 4 years ago now, I had a laundry list of stuff... but I KNEW NOTHING!

When I first started looking, I liked any color but Marina Blue. God, of course, with his sense of humor, had other Ideas. And I ended up with a Marina Blue 67. I LOVE it!

I was infatuated with Convertibles at the time, and REALLY like em, but as fate would have it, a Helicopter Pilot in Ansbach restored a 66 Coupe and we got to be fast friends. I appreciate Coupes a whole lot more... they actually look much better in person (and they look great in Photos!)

Maybe one of the members here has been thinking about letting their car go... and I could be in the right place at the right time.... you never know!
Good luck with finding a coupe!

Thanks for the explanation.

Yogi
Old 02-09-2016, 05:47 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Here is a 63 SW with a supposed #Matching engine
1963 Corvette Split Window - $60000 (Vancouver BC)

1963 Corvette Split Window, 327 V-8 number match, 4-spd. hurst shifter, Ermine white with dark blue vinyl upholstery (original colours). Steel wheels with original hubcaps, radial whitewall tires. I purchased the car five years ago from Atlanta Georgia as a fair weather driver quality, not show quality. Runs and drives great, has likely had some body work in its long life.
Located in Vancouver BC, private owner with clear title, can assist with re-location to USA. No assistance selling or listing with a dealer, no trades, only serious e-mail inquiries... $60,000 US funds.

1962 Chevrolet Corvette - $59500 (Victorville Ca.)

Beautiful 1962 Corvette Hardtop / Convertible ( no soft top ) I have owned this car for the past 2 years and have done numerous upgrades. Purchased from a gentlemen here in California that owned this car for over 40 years and never been out of state. Here is what the 1962 Vette has to offer , powered by a matching numbers 327 V8 and backed by a new 700R4 trans installed by Bowtie Overdrive Transmission in Hesperia Ca. that now has less than 400 miles since installed. Because this particular model Corvette didn't come factory with a trans cooler Bowtie Trans installed a Dewitt Aluminum Radiator with trans cooler and what a difference from the 2 speed power glide that came stock from the factory. Polished valve covers, recovery tank , and air cleaner. Just installed a Custom sound / I pod stereo system with period correct face, American Racing aluminum wheels 17x8 on rear and 16x7 fronts , new shocks ft. and rear, Black Plate Ca. Car lic. and registration up to date. Body and paint and all chrome in excellent condition. Thanks for looking

1962 Corvette Very Nice Driver - $45750 (Kellogg, ID)

2 tops, strong running 350, 4 speed, 3.70 posi, all gauges work, clock and wonderbar radio refurbished, paint is very good. Rare hard top plus black soft top is excellent. Very nice driver which recently won 3rd place in convertibles in 300 car show. Has been very dependable. Qualified cash buyers only, please.

1963 Corvette Convertible - $41,000.00 USD

Ermine white with red interior. I’ve owned this car for 5 years. I purchased it from a gentleman who owned it for +25 years. He parked it in his basement and drove it occasionally. He told me he never drove it in the rain and I have no reason not to believe this. The paint is in very good condition. It’s not a base/clear. Looks like lacquer

This one seems interesting (at least to me)... It might sound like sacrilege, but what is involved in "removing" add-on AC units?

1965 Coupe - $59,000.00 USD

65 Coupe for sale in NH. Red/Red coupe. 4 speed. 327/365hp. Very good condition. Purchased from Pro Team Corvette 3 years ago. Well maintained. Aftermarket a/c. Have the knockoff wheels too. Have the NCRS/GM shipping data record. Vin # 194375S115387. Make offer-Call Phil 603 387 8711
Old 02-09-2016, 10:58 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

This one seems interesting (at least to me)... It might sound like sacrilege, but what is involved in "removing" add-on AC units?

1965 Coupe - $59,000.00 USD

You might want to ask Forum member "Frankie the Fink". He had installed after market air in his '63 coupe, and IIRC recently removed and then subsequently reinstalled it in order to have the car NCRS judged.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:10 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1965 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible - $45000 - Fact A/C (Sacramento)

Good condition, solid built, smooth running Corvette. Not perfect and not priced as perfect. Paint needs refresh, but no busted fiberglass; rare factory air conditioning needs conversion to R134; no wrecks; not abused; my father's daily driver for 20 years; hard top included, no soft top; good condition interior, carpet, and seats. All lights, gauges, and electric motors work. Radio speaker sounds like you would expect a 1965 paper speaker would sound. New tires and tune-up.

63 corvette for sale - $35000 (Milton NH)

63 corvette for sale, color black purple, black int., custom mako body, factory side pipes, convertible black top, also have a hard top to go with it, rebuilt original 327 engine, 4 speed, updated disc brakes front, updated master cylinder, engine has around 2500 miles on it. asking $35000 or best (reasonable) offer. Call or text Bernie

1964 corvette - $54000 (richland)

text or call 315 two 3 six o693

Engine

chevy 350, ceramic headers, Quick fuel 580 carb, Comp cam 262xe cam, new lifters, HV oil pump with deep sump, Edlebrock performer intake, New clutch and pressure plate, aluminum radiator, new water pump, MSD dizzy and box, And of course new rod and main bearings.

Steering, Brakes, and Suspension
Steeroids rack and pinion steering, Disc brake conversion, new trailing arms with more clearance for the wheels, tube A-arms, Billet aluminum wheels 18x8 rear 17x7 front, Coil over suspension with double adjust shocks, all stainless brake lines and fuel line.

Other Mechanical

New drive shaft and half shafts, new parking brake cable and setup for the disc brakes, rebuilt 4 speed trans, stainless exhaust.

Body
Paint is driver quality. Looks great but has blemishes and clear coat peal in some places. Don't plan to paint it anytime soon. I don't want to be afraid to drive it.

Frame

Frame was repaired by myself and a tig welder. Sections in front of the rear wheels replaced. Drives straight. Painted with rust bullet, and inside of frame coated with eastwood frame coating.

gauges
Converted gauges to Dakota Digital gauges. white face with red back light.

1958 Corvette Nice Driver - $53000 (Greenwood)

Corvette Roadster. For your consideration is a super rare Two Owner Florida 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster. This Corvette could be called a survivor, with one repaint in 1977! Equipped with a NOM 1969 Corvette 350 V8 300 H.P. and a 4 Speed Muncie transmission. You are not viewing a frame off restored 100 point AACA Senior award winning showpiece. This is just a nice, clean, very presentable, good running driving classic car that is very solid, turn key, and enjoyable immediately! I purchased the car exactly as you see it. The only work done to the car had been basic maintenance such as oil changes, brakes, tires, belts, battery, etc. The Black soft top had been replaced about 7 or 8 years ago. The paint is Red, but from close inspection, believed to be a Turquoise car originally. Upon first glance at 5-10 feet away, looks amazing! As you get closer, you can see some fading, small paint chips, and battle scars a 38+ year old paint job would have. There are imperfections in the finish, as understandable with an older driver quality vehicle, but as you can see from the photos, presents very well. In other words, you could still win a few trophies at local car cruises. Keep in mind It had been repainted over 38 years ago! The Undercarriage, Frame, Floor & Trunk Pan are extremely clean, very solid, straight, and rust free. No holes, rust, or issues. Undercoat is present, but a very thin layer which is consistent with a factory or dealer application. Car rides, drives, and handles surprisingly well for what it is. Straight and smooth down the road with no shimmy's, shakes, or vibrations. Extremely tight as well. The engine fires right up and has that distinct sound of a Small Block Chevy. Make no mistake, she will get up and go! The Muncie 4 speed Transmission shifts as it should. Headlights, brake & tail lights, blinkers, gauges, and windshield wipers function properly. The factory tach and wonderbar radio are currently not operational. The interior has a great clean look that compliments the car perfectly and shows very well. No rips, tears, or issues in the seats or door panels. The Chrome is not perfect, has some surface pitting, but still shows very well. I have a clean clear Indiana title in my name & in hand for this car. Pulling this car out of storage for a number of years, I addressed any issue I came across to make it a reliable roadworthy driver such as: New Battery, Distributor, Spark Plugs & Wires, Headlights, Tires, Brakes, Rebuilt Generator, Rebuilt Holley Carburetor (Correct for the engine) if you have any questions please feel free to e-mail or call me. 317- nine four 5 fifty one twenty 1 This car is located in Greenwood Indiana just south of Indianapolis In. This car can be shipped anywhere around the world or just come and get it and drive it home. I can send pic upon request.

1966 Corvette coupe,silver, # match, super nice - $48500 (raytown,mo)

Stunning restoration of an all original Corvette. 327-300hp engine, 4 speed transmission and rear end all match car as built. No power steering or power brakes. Does have vintage AC and original radio.

Paint is in very good condition. Chrome, glass, weatherstripping all like new. Interior looks like the day it was built- carpet, seat covers, door panels, dash. Undercarriage is very clean and shows fiberglass as it was when built. Tire carrier like new. Runs and drives great. all suspension tight. Tires, brakes and exhaust all in perfect condition.

If you are looking for a very nice driver, this car is one of the best. Must see to believe.

1965 CORVETTE CONVERTABLE - $62000 (ASHEVILLE)

CORVETTE CONVERTABLE, 327 - 365 HP 4 SPEED POWER STEERING, SIDE EXUAST, MAROON WITH SADDLE TOP. CORRECT DATE CODES AND STAMPING ON ENGINE CORRECT MUNCIE 4 SPEED, KNOCK OFF WHEELS, ALL COMPONENTS ON ENGINE CORRECT. OLDER FRAM OFF RESTORATION, EXCELLENT BODY, AND FLAWLESS PAINT, RUNS AND DRIVES VERY NICE.
NCRS SHIPPING DOCUMENTS CALL 828 TWO 3 ONE 5775 FOR MORE INFO

Last edited by Revfan; 02-10-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:59 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

The silver/red car is a great combination!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:52 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1965 Corvette Sting Ray Coupe, former L78 Big Block - $48900 (Simi Valley)

Originally powered by the L78 396/425hp solid lifter Rat Motor.
The L78 was the first of the Big Block Corvettes and debuted in mid year of production: January 1965.
There were 2157 cars built with the L78, mostly convertibles.
This is one of only 618 Coupes optioned with the L78 and was built in April 1965.

Evidence of the Big Block:
Rear anti roll bar.
Larger 7/8" front anti roll bar (small block cars had 3/4").
Unique to '65 big blocks: Battery is located behind LEFT front fender with removable access panel
('66-'67 big blocks had battery on right side).
Removable bag type windshield washer reservoir that hangs above battery. (Small block cars had a square plastic jug for a reservoir.)

Currently powered by a period correct 327 with "camel hump" heads, has a new Holley carb and aluminum manifold.

1970s American Torque Thrust wheels with Radial T/A tires.

Original black leather interior.

Original date coded windshield and other glass.

Power windows, telescopic steering column.

Original steering wheel and shifter. Factory owner's manual.

Everything works correctly on this car:
All gauges function normally including original ticking clock (not a replacement quartz movement).
Headlights rotate normally.
Tight steering and good brakes that don't leak fluid.

Excellent body panel fitment and has a '67 hood with functional air scoop.

Complete front bumpers are included.

Great driver and it's Big Block history makes it a good investment.

Located in Simi Valley............................$48,90 0.

1965 Corvette Convertible - $40000 (glen park)

1965 Corvette convertible.
non matching 350/4 spd
4:11 rear. aluminum heads, HEI tach drive.
Side exhaust, flares, great looking new torque thrusts and new tires..
Blue with black interior. interior is great shape, paint is fair, but still a great looking car
orginally Glen Green
brand new full suspension.
this car runs and drives great! so much power its scary.

an original car? nope....a mean looking reliable,fast, quick, 65 Corvette convertible? oh yea!

NO RUST NO RUST NO RUST
$40K firm...
car is located in Tulsa, Ok..... I will pay half of a reasonable shipping quote...

1966 Corvette - $37500 (Las Vegas)

Clean with all matching numbers. Recently serviced. New tires, top, belts, and battery. Email me if interested. thanks

1966 Corvette, matching #'s, L-79 conv. - $46000 (austin)

Very slick, straight, rally red convertible, 974 paint code. Numbers matching 327/350 horsepower, J115 date code, 174 casting. Nice shifting M-20, likely not original, lacking numbers on main case. Original 3:73 posi-traction with correct date. New parts include correct 2267 Holley, heater core, water pump and a Mallory ignition module which replaces points in the original distributor. Rust free, solid frame and cage. Not sure of mileage, odometer is frozen, all other systems work properly. Has original jack in place, original radio goes with car. Runs clean and strong, along with numbers and stunning paint makes this vette a great driver. Have owned this vette for six years and enjoyed most of it. 100% ebayer feedback person. Private owner, please no help selling or other services. ?s call Charlie 512-917-3501
1965 Corvette Convertible - $49000 (Lubbock, Texas)

1965 Corvette Convertible. 396 cubic inch NOM, 4 Speed, Nassau blue with white convertible top. Car is original big block car with non matching number 396 motor. Black interior with rare option power windows. It has factory side pipes, and is loud. It has knock/off wheels . This car has no power steering, no power brakes, no air conditioner. Please know what you are inquiring about before inquiring. It is a true piece of American Automobile History, and is very cool. Serious inquiries call Micky at 806-239-seven -zero-eight-zero.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:10 AM
dplotkin
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,148 Likes on 1,036 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C2 of Year Finalist (stock)
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

You are doing a hell of a job with this, and it goes to show that a C2 is still affordable for entry level would-be owners. .

Dan
The following users liked this post:
Ohiomark (02-29-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

I am in the hunt now too.... but I gotta help the brothers out, so here is what I am finding!

1966 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible - $49900 (Thomasville Ga)

Nicely restored 1966 Corvette Roadster with matching Hardtop! 43,800 original miles. Recently rebuilt in 2015 350/400HP racing cam. Recently rebuilt 4 spd. Muncie transmission in 2015. Less then 1000 miles since rebuilt. Beautifully professionally repainted for only the 2nd time in 2014. Car drives as good as it looks! Straight car handles great! New Heavy duty clutch, New 4 wheel disc brakes. Posi rear, Side exhaust pipes (Sounds Mean) Very Powerful! Black Leather interior, Factory am/fm radio and power antenna.
Just installed 2/16 Brand New Uniroyal Tiger Paw White wall tires, P215 70R Rally wheels, beauty rings and Chevy center caps, all original look! Previously owned for 35 years in SC and garage kept used twice a year for 2 shows only.
Asking $49,900 Call 904-557-4332 or text

1967 Corvette Survivor - $50000 (Greenwood)

Up F/S is my 67 Goodwood Green coupe with saddle interior. This car is a 327 with 350 HP # matching 4 speed survivor with the interior showing wear and the paint showing cracking. This car does have A/C and it works. This would be a great car to just drive as is or to restore to NCRS Standards if one wanted to. This car sounds bad azz with the sidepipes. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at or PM or call me 317 nine four five fifty 1 21 $50,000. Please No Trades, No Broker Calls NO TEXT Messages First $50,000 gets it.

1965 CORVETTE STINGRAY CONVERTIBLE - $45000

Original # matching, 327-300; Muncie 4 speed; 2 tops; $45,000 or best offer

1965 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE 327/350 4sp P/W P/S P/B P/ant TEAK WHEEL 50k - $49500

This is a loaded 50k orig mile corvette which is very rare and makes these cars much more valuable with all of these options! I have quite a few cars and will be looking to sell a few of them off in next few weeks. This car is in very nice shape and is NOT #s matching but is period correct with a 1966 327 engine and all of the correct components on it making it look totally like the original engine. The trans is the original M21 4 speed and the car runs and drives as good as any corvette you will ever drive! It was built to use and drive! The options include am/fm stereo, power antenna, teak steering wheel, power windows, power disc bakes, power steering, knockoff wheels, factory side exhaust and it is a factory side pipe car! Convertible with auxiliary hard top in beautiful shape ($2000 value) and a factory BIG BLOCK hood that was added with perfect body lines...because it is a factory BB hood!!! (I have the original hood in perfect condition and you can choose either one) EVERYTHING WORKS! The paint is beautiful trophy blue and is in very nice shape and the interior is very clean. Call me anytime from 8am-9pm at qqq631---- ddd357--------AAAA2602. Number is also in top left of this page, just click reply.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:06 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

New week!

Original 64 Corvette Stingray - $40000 (Colfax)

original 1964 Vette Convertible ,Hard Top. rare as hell, 3 speed. original paint, very clean, everything works, 8900 original miles. engine was replaced in 1968 for camaro 327 engine with racing cams.
clean title.. 40K$ OBO

64 corvette - $44K

64 vette coupe 4 speed 327 motor black on black am fm radio car shows 31k miles 44,995 will take corvette for partial trade

1964 Chevrolet Corvette numbers matching 300HP/327 oem knockoffs - $51950

You are looking at my 1964 Chevy Corvette Roadster that has been frame-off restored. It is a numbers matching 327 V8 with 300HP (all numbered components match as well) mated to a 4 speed manual transmission with dual exhaust and riding on original OEM knock-off wheels. Key features of this true American Sports Car include power steering, leather seats and all working gauges (including clock and radio). Color is original red with red interior and white top; interior and exterior are in great shape from the early 2000 frame off restoration. It has been fully serviced and professionally maintained by the vintage Corvette Specialist at Classic Speed & Custom in Charlotte NC. Car looks drives and sounds excellent and is one of the best 64 I have come across.

1964 chevy corvette - $37500 (Leesburg va)

very clean 64vette. 400 small block 4speed manual. possible trade on newer 4x4 truck or prostreet car.pro street classic hot rod show camaro nova lifted

1964 CORVETTE STINGRAY - $42000

1964 STINGRAY BUILT TO DRIVE
350 HP NEW 5 SPEED TREMEC NEW POWER STEERING
ALL NEW INTERIOR HARTZ CANVAS TOP AND WHETHER STRIPPING
KNOCK OFFS ON RED LINES AND SIDE EXHAUST located vancouver canada
NEW HEADLIGHT MOTORS, 6049712263

1965 Corvette Coupe (LAKE HELEN)

1965 Corvette Coupe 327 300hp, auto, factory A/C, numbers matching, power windows, power brakes, power steering. Runs and drives Excellent!
$45k obo.

1966 66 chevrolet corvette - $54900 (tallmadge)

This a 1966 Corvette body on restoration done in 2010 after sitting in a barn for 28 years prior to that 1 owner woman, car was purchased by neighbor I purchased from neighbor Vehicle is a numbers matching 327cid 300 hp 4 speed
Old 02-28-2016, 04:32 PM
PG C6
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I assume you have sold your convertible to Edgar?!

It seems you both are very happy with the deal, which makes it a good deal

Good luck with your seearch! Will you export to Germany or just search in Europe?

Regards

Peter
Old 02-29-2016, 03:16 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Yes, I sold the Car to Edgar. He is going to take that car places I could never go!

I am looking... in the US specifically. Have a few leads, but the hunt is part of the fun!
Old 02-29-2016, 03:37 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

**Edited to delete possible scam**

1966 corvette - $42000 (Cape coral)

1966 custom vette with 327 engine,new clutch and reupholstered seats.car also has ice cold air,serviced and ready to cruise, any questions phone or text Simon 239-910-3080car is in very nice shape but does have a couple paint chips price is 42k or best offer

Prefer to sell but may trade for a C1. 1967 Corvette (West Bloomfield, Mi.)

327/350 with what is believed to be less than 40,000 miles. Southern car. (248) 363-5025

1966 Corvette Coupe - $55000 (Corvallis)
1966 Corvette Coupe Milano Maroon; black interior. Original with factor side pipes. Currently this car has a GM 350/350 crate motor with a 750 double pumper. The original motor (327/300hp) comes with the car. The motor is apart and wrapped for protection. To be completely numbers matching it needs a date correct alternator. The paint is older but looks good at 10 feet. The body has a few stress cracks. Original gold line tires and wheels, extra set of wheels included. Firm at $55k. Thanks for looking.

1964 Corvette convertible - $42500 (Marion. NC)

Posting this for my dad. Any more specific questions and I can get you his contact info. Nice 1964 Chevrolet Corvette convertible. 20 year ongoing restoration that is about 99% complete. Less than 10,000 miles on 5.7 tuned port fuel injection motor. Mated to Muncie 4 speed (not the rockcrusher). 4 wheel disc brakes. Nice paint in original color silver blue approximately 12 years old. New top. New carpet. New complete wiring. New glass. New chrome and emblems. New exhaust. Whitewalls and hubcaps in first picture have been replaced with new paint matched 6" rallys and caps. Nice interior.

Also comes with hard top ( needs painting) and new glass.

Small things that would make it even better:
Headights go up and down but they do need rebuilt or upgraded
Has inline fuel pump, but would be nice to have the in tank fuel pump tank.
Upgrade on the radiator.
Temp and oil gauges are operational, but could use nicer ones.

asking $42,500

1964 Corvette Sting Ray - $51999 (Henderson NC)

1964 Corvette Sting Ray coupe, original 327/365hp 4-speed, clock works, head lights rotate perfect, very good paint, clean engine bay, clean interior, 2 sets of wheels, brand new red lines and rallys, Fresh exhaust. Car runs and shifts great. Call Jeremy 919-618-1200

Last edited by Revfan; 02-29-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:55 AM
GRipp 73
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Really? This seems like a great deal, especially for Florida. Has anyone looked at this one yet? I didn't think I was in the market for a mid-year yet in my life, but this makes me think twice.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:58 AM
HS Vette
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

This is a scam

Originally Posted by GRipp 73
Really? This seems like a great deal, especially for Florida. Has anyone looked at this one yet? I didn't think I was in the market for a mid-year yet in my life, but this makes me think twice.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:06 AM
Crunch527
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by HS Vette
This is a scam

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale

Old 02-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

I don't confirm whether they are scams or not... just post em (unless they are brutally obvious)

I'll take this one down...
Old 02-29-2016, 01:55 PM
PG C6
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

when I may add one
66 Convertible for 45.000,- in Houston, Texas:
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5469708489.html

"Great conditions must sell contact Rey Garcia"

Peter

Last edited by PG C6; 02-29-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 251 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

Originally Posted by PG C6
when I may add one
66 Convertible for 45.000,- in Houston, Texas:
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5469708489.html

"Great conditions must sell contact Rey Garcia"

Peter
Peter, this link does not work. At least on my computer.

Quick Reply: Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale