C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Did I Russ?

Revfan's Project Vettes

I made the executive decision to put that one with the projects.... But I will say this, I am constantly thinking of what your next projects is going to be....
There will be a next project right?

How about a 70s AMC Javelin?
Old 12-17-2014, 04:18 PM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Revfan
Did I Russ?

Revfan's Project Vettes

I made the executive decision to put that one with the projects.... But I will say this, I am constantly thinking of what your next projects is going to be....
There will be a next project right?

How about a 70s AMC Javelin?
Haaaa. I didn't even know you had the "project" thread going. when I click on the link directly from your e-mail notification I get an error message, so I guess I had just skipped over it. subscribed now however. thanks.
I've said, after the last several projects, that "this is my last major project", but I keep doing them don't I Maybe after I finish the 59 Bel Air I'll do a 55 Chevy "gasser" because I had one in high school, but other than that….. this is my last major project .

Russ
Old 12-18-2014, 01:46 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1966 Corvette Stingray - $42000 (Lee,NH)

1966 Chevy Corvette Stingray 327 C.U. 360 H.P. Silver with Factory side pipes. four speed manual transmission. Matching numbers in excellent condition.Black interior
1966 Corvette Stingray - $35000 (East Fishkill, NY)

1966 327 300 HP 4 spd corvette convertible, original #s matching engine, transmission and rear.

Sunfire Yellow exterior paint, black interior, and black convertible top

Engine was rebuilt 5000 miles ago, new brakes and bushings all around, black hooker side pipes, black powder coated bumpers, new black carpet not installed yet.

Needs paint and some attention (this is why I priced this car so low!)
note: check out other midyear corvettes, at this price you will get a project car!)

I have a small collection of corvettes and I'm only selling this one to make room for a new Corvette which i will be purchasing in 2015.

This is a house phone, so not text capable.

I will NOT respond to email

Please call to make an appointment to see the car and drive for a serious buyer ONLY.
I will only sell to a local buyer who I can meet in person with cash
I will entertain any and all 'reasonable' offers and will not give this car away.
1954 CORVETTE - $60000 (SNOHOMISH)

"FOR SALE" A 1954 "CHEVROLET CORVETTE" 6 CYLINDER, POWER GLIDE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, 12V SYSTEM, COKER RADIALS.

FOR ANY QUESTIONS, INFORMATION OR TO MAKE REASONABLE OFFER ON THIS VEHICLE OR TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR VIEWING PLEASE CONTACT JERRY DIRECTLY BY PHONE CONTACT ONLY@ show contact info "NO EMAILS" AND PLEASE SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY,

NO TRADES, ASKING $60,000 AND CAN DELIVER TO YOUR LOCATION IN WASHINGTON STATE FOR COVERING THE COST OF FUEL.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:32 PM
PreviousOwner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Revfan;1588412695]Running/Driving SWCs are not easy to come by under $60K anymore... or, at least the ones that are publicly available aren't. Here is one in seemingly decent condition... and while I am not a fan of the 3rd eye.... it seems to be as cheap as you can get a SWC for and still be able to drive it home....
1963 Corvette Coupe - $53000 (lemoore)

Did somebody pounce on this white '63? Or was it a scam? Ad disappeared within a day and phone # is no longer active. Congrats to someone if they picked it up. For some reason, the triple tail lights didn't seem to take away from the car (for me).

Thanks,
PO
Old 12-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

I called on the Black 65 396 Car. VIN plate is missing, and has reissued/reassigned VIN due to a previous theft. Guy says all original drivetrain & glass. Just an FYI.....
Old 12-21-2014, 06:37 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default The Silver 66 in Nh is also gone post deleted

Looked nice
Old 12-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

No picture on this one... Denver Area
1966 Corvette Coupe 327/350 loaded - $51000 (N/E Denver)
Selling 1966 Corvette Coupe, red / black (leather), 327 / 350hp, p/s, p/b, a/c, p/w. Nice driver quality with all the creature comforts. Paint is a 20 footer, interior nice. Original engine!
This is a little out of the price range I look for, but seems to be a nice example of a 65 if its in your budget.
1965 Corvette Conv. - $54995 (silverado ranch)

Beautiful 1965 Nassau Blue with Bright Blue interior for sale. 3 Owner, all original with 1 respray. 327 ci in 350 hp engine. 4 speed trans, Teak steering wheel, knock off wheels, new Gold line tyres. Excellent condition, everything works including the original am/fm radio.
This one has a GM Crate Motor 454
1965 Corvette Convertible - $45000 (East Meadow)

1965 Corvette Nassau Blue with white convertible and blue interior. New 454/425 HP GM Crate motor, M22 "Rock Crusher" Transmission, new rear end and carbon fiber spring, new front end, new Hedman headers with new stainless steel exhaust system, hardtop, American racing wheels, new leather seats, stereo with 6 CD player, plus extras too numerous to list. More than 70K invested. For any questions, call 516-542-9400
Another Big Block...
1966 Corvette Stingray - $50000 (Houston )

1966 Corvette Stingray, 427 turbo jet, 4 speed standard transmission, 81,000 miles, clean title, new tires, Demon carburetor, many upgrades. If you need more info please call 7134984063, thanks.
1960 corvette roadster...... - $40000 (ocean shores)

1960 vett. non matching 1967 327, tri power 4 speed

1964 corvette - $30000 (washington)

350 4 spd
1963 corvette roadster - $42000 (Framingham )

1963 corvette roadster,orignal fuel injected,4speed,numbers maching,in storage for years,runs good,datona blue,saddle interior, white top,
64 corvette convertible - $32000 (canton)

i have a 1964 corvette with brand new top.
Frame is perfect and body work perfect but needs a little paint from some storage scratches.
all chrome was replaced a year or so ago
all interior is new
4 speed manual
non matching number engine but engine is built and runs perfect
The following users liked this post:
Tuna Joe (09-09-2022)
Old 12-24-2014, 03:16 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Just a quick reminder

I am not the owner seller. I spent 18 months looking for my car, and finally found my 67' Convertible in May of 2012. But Along the way, I picked up a disease that causes me to still search the net for sub-$50K cars.... which I do almost every day.

In hopes to help somebody out, I list the things I find in both a project thread and in a completed car thread.

I find the Craigslist ad, and then use the CLsit title as a clickable link. Then I post the first picture in the ad on the CVette forum here, along with the ads text description. You can click on the link right above the picture and that should take you to the ad.

Again these are not my cars for sale, I am just doing some of the searching for you.

Best of luck

Revfan
Old 12-24-2014, 04:55 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Thanks

Rev, Thanks for your efforts. I am a faithful follower of your posts. I also have the bug(seeking C1-C2 cars for sale). After the 1st I will be in the market for a C2 coupe. Viewing FS ads gives some idea of current pricing. Have a safe and Happy Holiday, J
Old 12-24-2014, 05:03 AM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

I also want to express my APPRECIATION for Revfan & his tireless efforts in the fine & beneficial service he provides for all those that are looking to purchase or just enjoy seeing ( being TEASED!!!) at what C1s & C2s are out there for sale....My Best Regards Revfan!!!...Mark
Old 12-24-2014, 07:59 AM
TXTopgear
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for appreciation for Revfan, I'm a C3 owner looking to get a C2 project / driver in a year or so and check this and the projects for sale threads regularly to get an education on value / condition.

Thanks Revfan!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 612 Likes on 334 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

BEST THREAD ON THE INTERNET!!! THANKS!
Panama58
Old 12-30-2014, 08:11 AM
oldenough
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default deleting sold vettes

Originally Posted by Revfan
Hey guys
Should I go through the posts and delete cars that are sold, or just leave em' for posterities sake?
Would save buyers time if sold vettes were deleted, I am sure it would increase your time spent doing it for us.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:36 AM
oldenough
Instructor

Default vette

Originally Posted by MrPbody
Don't delete them. just mark as "SOLD" so we can keep up with current selling prices.

Russ
Not trying to start a controversy but what if some of the listings that have been sold are months or even over a year how would that help with pricing? Just my thoughts. I am still hoping to find my dream car.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:14 AM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,272 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Right,
he faithfully follows nationwide CL for unique C1C2 vettes, he copies and pastes links and pics into a thread that he maintains just to help others, and in the minds of some he is remiss in not following up to verify what cars are sold, and then should back track into his thread to either mark such cars as sold, or delete his postings of it?
Amazing....
How about he also arrange for PPIs on any car that you notify him that you are interested in? Check.
And, if the PPI is good, he negotiate the deal on your behalf, and loan you the money if you are a little short but you really really like what he has told you about your dream car. Check.
Then, he can arrange to have Reliable deliver the car to your doorstep. Check.
Do you also want him to shoot you all the critical threads you will need to know what gas and oil you should run in your new classic? Hey, no problem. Check.
Revfan, can you make it all happen? We are pretty busy out here and kind of pressed for time.
Check.

ps,
Revfan said he is good with all the above, and as a bonus, let him know in a brief pm what time you like to go to bed.
He will turn down your bed covers and get your glass of milk ready for you too.
Revfan is sure a helpful guy.

Last edited by 65hihp; 12-31-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:29 AM
66TexVette
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '15

Old 12-31-2014, 09:45 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by oldenough
Not trying to start a controversy but what if some of the listings that have been sold are months or even over a year how would that help with pricing? Just my thoughts. I am still hoping to find my dream car.
oldenough,

I could not agree more with 65hihp's comment on your suggestion.

I'll add that what REALLY makes sense is for you to jump in and help REVFAN with this task. No wait, what am I thinking. I believe keeping them there serves a positive in seeing where "asking" prices have been. Further, what's the big deal to anyone following up on these ads to find that the ad is no longer on Craigslist. That tells you it's probably sold. So you move on...no big deal. Sheeesh!

Jim
In God We Trust!

Last edited by 6T5RUSH; 12-31-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale

Old 12-31-2014, 10:16 AM
66TexVette
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '15
Default Thank you, Revfan!

Just wanted to chime in my appreciation to you, Revfan, for your time and effort in starting and faithfully maintaining this thread.
It is my 2nd favorite (Kerrmudgeon's Friday's Funnies is my 1st ) thread of all on the forum. I check it every time there is a new post.

The only downside is that sometimes I feel that I overpaid for my car after seeing some of the listings.

I really don't have a case for buyers remorse, though, because I purchased quickly, (impulsively?), without researching the current market last Dec. for I knew particularly what I wanted and jumped when I saw her. I am satisfied.

Keep 'em coming, Revfan. You are doing a great job just the way it is!!

Last edited by 66TexVette; 12-31-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-31-2014, 01:08 PM
oldenough
Instructor

Default vette site

Originally Posted by 6T5RUSH
oldenough,

I could not agree more with 65hihp's comment on your suggestion.

I'll add that what REALLY makes sense is for you to jump in and help REVFAN with this task. No wait, what am I thinking. I believe keeping them there serves a positive in seeing where "asking" prices have been. Further, what's the big deal to anyone following up on these ads to find that the ad is no longer on Craigslist. That tells you it's probably sold. So you move on...no big deal. Sheeesh!

Jim
In God We Trust!
Didn't want to start a bashing party it was just a question asked.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:58 PM
dudman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I got my 65 this year but I look at this every time it comes back to the top. I appreciate Revfan putting in the time. I truly understand the addiction to continue to look. I'm on eBay, carsonline.com, Hemings, buyavette, etc. all the time. Just can't stop looking. Revfan does find what appears to be good prospects. Thanks man!

Quick Reply: Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale