C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Advice on buying a small block or big block

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:52 PM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
Do you have another set of eyes looking with you? Someone who knows C-2's is priceless. There are more BB cars now then were actually built at the factory. Small block's are SO easy to work on compared to the BB cars. Dennis
And you know this, how?
Old 11-02-2014, 09:35 AM
RallyRedVette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Update

[QUOTE=Revfan;1588102711]Hey
There is a really nice looking one in Classifieds here... obviously, I'd get an inspection done, but it is a two top trophy blue Matching numbers 327/350
Top flighted and has POP and Docs... $59.9 ASK

Thanks to everyone who participated in my thread. I wanted to provide an update. Revfan brought up this Trophy Blue '66. I didn't say anything in the post, but I was already talking with Jerry about his car. I reached out to Boyan for advice who unbeknown to me had already vetted the car for a CA client of his. That guy passed on the car because it wasn't Nassau Blue. Boyan said the car was absolutely the real deal and his client "foolishly" passed on it.

I hired Bloomington Gold judge John Ballard to inspect the car in person. He also vouched for the car and was impressed by the originality of it. Based on their info, I purchased the car and am now a proud C2 owner.

I met Jerry in St. Louis yesterday and took delivery of the car. It is as advertised. Even better is that in addition to the POP, there is a file full of documentation on this car back to 1967. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

As most everyone on this board knows, it's awesome to own one of these beauties. I'm still a novice with them, but plan on being an active participant on this forum to learn from others and ask advice when needed.

Thanks Jerry for being great to work with and an honest stand up guy!
Old 11-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Another win for the Corvette Brotherhood!

Congrats on your new purchase! Now that you have the car, don't be a stranger here! Stick around and enjoy the fun. I didn't check, but did you post in the Class of 2014 thread?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:01 AM
mattnSD
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Trophy Blue L79

[QUOTE=RallyRedVette;1588173074]
Originally Posted by Revfan
Hey
There is a really nice looking one in Classifieds here... obviously, I'd get an inspection done, but it is a two top trophy blue Matching numbers 327/350
Top flighted and has POP and Docs... $59.9 ASK

Thanks to everyone who participated in my thread. I wanted to provide an update. Revfan brought up this Trophy Blue '66. I didn't say anything in the post, but I was already talking with Jerry about his car. I reached out to Boyan for advice who unbeknown to me had already vetted the car for a CA client of his. That guy passed on the car because it wasn't Nassau Blue. Boyan said the car was absolutely the real deal and his client "foolishly" passed on it.

I hired Bloomington Gold judge John Ballard to inspect the car in person. He also vouched for the car and was impressed by the originality of it. Based on their info, I purchased the car and am now a proud C2 owner.

I met Jerry in St. Louis yesterday and took delivery of the car. It is as advertised. Even better is that in addition to the POP, there is a file full of documentation on this car back to 1967. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

As most everyone on this board knows, it's awesome to own one of these beauties. I'm still a novice with them, but plan on being an active participant on this forum to learn from others and ask advice when needed.

Thanks Jerry for being great to work with and an honest stand up guy!
Didnt see it in person, but from some very reliable sources, this is a great car. Congrats and reach out if you'd like, i have a couple of L79's. Thus far have been very enjoyable cars! Always learning something new, but Id be happy to share my experiences.
-Matt

Last edited by mattnSD; 11-02-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Forgot the message!
Old 11-02-2014, 08:00 PM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

If your fun priority is acceleration, go big block.

OTOH, if you like pushing to the limit in tight, twisty turns, a small block is more fun (better balance).

Quick Reply: Advice on buying a small block or big block