C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Great Fall Day

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 07:37 PM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Great Fall Day

What a long and beautiful fall season this year. Snapped this photo before heading out to get some wind thru the hair.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:26 PM
SS409
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad you got your fix. A red roadster with side pipes. Doesn't get any better then that.....
Old 10-25-2014, 11:46 PM
bluzrocker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Super nice

What color red is that roadster pls....it sure looks nice.....

Originally Posted by fullcontrol
what a long and beautiful fall season this year. Snapped this photo before heading out to get some wind thru the hair.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:29 AM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bluzrocker
What color red is that roadster pls....it sure looks nice.....
It's GM Victory Red which can be very red in bright sunlight. Here's a couple photos I took later when the sun was at more of an angle.

My ZR1 is also Victory Red and identical in the same light. The back half of the car is mostly shaded and really changes the color.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:41 AM
bluzrocker
Drifting

Default tx for info

I spent a few years in Olathe...at the RO Crane Mfg...and some time in Salina....Im having trouble deciding what color to paint my 67 BB...Have had 3... 67's all green w/ white stripe....and Im torn between black w/ red stripe and one like yours....It's been all taken apart...including interior and bead blasted and primed....and block sanded....new rebuilt 427 L-71.and have rebuilt anything and everything while it's apart..have had forum members suggest ...original,and several comments on do the color you like ...and after 3 green ones on the fence Black or red....your's is mighty tempting....whats your thoughts on the Black and red?

Tommy

It's GM Victory Red which can be very red in bright sunlight. Here's a couple photos I took later when the sun was at more of an angle.

My ZR1 is also Victory Red and identical in the same light. The back half of the car is mostly shaded and really changes the color.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:43 AM
bluzrocker
Drifting

Default New v/s old

Which car of yours gets the most attention old v/s new?

I spent a few years in Olathe...at the RO Crane Mfg...and some time in Salina....Im having trouble deciding what color to paint my 67 BB...Have had 3... 67's all green w/ white stripe....and Im torn between black w/ red stripe and one like yours....It's been all taken apart...including interior and bead blasted and primed....and block sanded....new rebuilt 427 L-71.and have rebuilt anything and everything while it's apart..have had forum members suggest ...original,and several comments on do the color you like ...and after 3 green ones on the fence Black or red....your's is mighty tempting....whats your thoughts on the Black and red?

Tommy
Old 10-26-2014, 01:14 AM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Tommy
Black/red not high on my list. Much prefer red with a little black. Funny you mention a 67 as I picked up a black/red 67 beater a while back. It's in pieces too, just not as many now. Getting ready for paint too. Here's how it sits now.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:20 AM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Which car of yours gets the most attention old v/s new?
I've had people hang out of their car windows to snap photos of my ZR1 at stop lights. The C2 is mostly older guys with a story about some car they owned years ago.

Really, I don't drive either one very far. Added together they don't have 1K on the odometer.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:37 AM
corvetteed
Team Owner

Received 363 Likes on 250 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Two gorgeous cars. Thx for posting pix.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:53 AM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Received 1,962 Likes on 664 Posts

Snapped this photo before heading out to get some wind thru the hair.
. . . wish I still had some of that . . . for me, it's more like getting wind over the scalp! Gorgeous car! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Tom
Old 10-26-2014, 08:19 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Wow you got some pair.........of 2 gorgeous red Corvettes that is.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:06 AM
bluzrocker
Drifting

Default so what color are you considering

Nice chassis and looks like a super resto job....so what color is the 67 going to be?....and I see aluminum heads are the L-89's or something else....at any rate frame is looking like soon the body will be back on....will you paint w/ body on or off

Black/red not high on my list. Much prefer red with a little black. Funny you mention a 67 as I picked up a black/red 67 beater a while back. It's in pieces too, just not as many now. Getting ready for paint too. Here's how it sits now.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:00 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Great looking rides! That's the first time I have seen a chassis on skates supporting a 4 post lift with a body on a dolly sitting on the lift.

Rick
Old 10-26-2014, 03:45 PM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ricks327
Great looking rides! That's the first time I have seen a chassis on skates supporting a 4 post lift with a body on a dolly sitting on the lift.

Rick
Thanks.

Since the body on the dolly doesn't fit under the lift, this is the only way to use just one space for car. Besides it makes it a lot easier to slip the motor in...

Last edited by fullcontrol; 10-26-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:08 PM
fullcontrol
Paid Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice chassis and looks like a super resto job....so what color is the 67 going to be?....and I see aluminum heads are the L-89's or something else....at any rate frame is looking like soon the body will be back on....will you paint w/ body on or off
It's an OTC L88 replacement that I've upgraded with tri-power. Same motor setup in my 65. Just love feeling the outside carbs kick-in.

Still haven't made a decision on the color. Perhaps daytona blue with red stinger and red interior.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:52 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Today was a beautiful Fall day too... went to a cruise as the last event of the year...
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Great Fall Day

Quick Reply: Great Fall Day