C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

NCRS Event

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Just means you drove any year Corvette to the show. And it's not to be judged. Good luck at the show. Don't sweet the small stuff. Sit back and learn and have fun.
No matter what I'll have a good time..bringing a jug of home made Mojitos
Old 11-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Just means you drove any year Corvette to the show. And it's not to be judged. Good luck at the show. Don't sweet the small stuff. Sit back and learn and have fun.
Its a little more than that. You get special parking and a ribbon and points of some sort... The parking is my incentive...
Old 11-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Its a little more than that. You get special parking and a ribbon and points of some sort... The parking is my incentive...
At my local chapter meets theres no special parking but you do get a peice of paper. I guess other chapters do it differently
Old 11-18-2014, 02:43 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,268 Likes on 1,689 Posts

Yes, for us it is a special parking area adjacent to or adjoining the judging field, and I would check with the judging chair. You might be able to register the morning of, so long as you have proof of ownership, and insurance, and pay the fee. They will probably accomodate you.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Boyan
Make sure you have your battery cut off, fire ext and NCRS sticker....easy 10 pts.

Read the rule book so you understand how the pts are deducted.

Have fun...its a great hobby.
Boyan
It's interesting that, since the judging is based on originality/restoration, that there are any points given at all for those 3 items, although as a safety factor, I see the importance of the first 2.

Not criticizing, just observing .

-- Steve
Old 11-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Originally Posted by RatDog
It's interesting that, since the judging is based on originality/restoration, that there are any points given at all for those 3 items, although as a safety factor, I see the importance of the first 2.

-- Steve
10 pts out of 4500 possible ? Its just a very minor incentive for owners to be a little safer and promote the NCRS. It won't make/break a Top Flight (or ANY Flight car) car.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

10 pts out of 4500 possible ? Its just a very minor incentive for owners to be a little safer and promote the NCRS. It won't make/break a Top Flight (or ANY Flight car) car.
Theoretically it could.

Is that a SWC I see in your avatar?
Old 11-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Originally Posted by Zoomin
Theoretically it could.

Is that a SWC I see in your avatar?
If it does then you've got bigger problems I'm thinkin'.

I can't use the "S", "W", "C" acronym anymore...what you are seeing is a mid-year coupe
Old 11-18-2014, 03:43 PM
93RubyRedCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 364 Posts

-- Steve
Yeah. When you join you love the Vettes even more than you had before. Then you want to see more of them. We don't want anything happening to any more vettes, so we require - from a safety standpoint the cut off and fire extinguisher (heaven forbid). The NCRS sticker is to promote the organization and let others know about it....and try to get more people to join.....ARA
Old 11-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

-- Steve
It was put into place to help ease the pain of loosing points for radial tires, and other things. Also you get points for driving your car to the event
Old 11-18-2014, 04:29 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

It was put into place to help ease the pain of loosing points for radial tires, and other things. Also you get points for driving your car to the event
Getting points for driving to the event makes sense to me because you're demonstrating that the car actually drives.

If you earn points for having a cut-off and a fire extinguisher because of the safety factor, I wonder why you don't get points for radial tires for the same reason.

-- Steve
Old 11-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Getting points for driving to the event makes sense to me because you're demonstrating that the car actually drives.

If you earn points for having a cut-off and a fire extinguisher because of the safety factor, I wonder why you don't get points for radial tires for the same reason.

-- Steve
You do get some points for radial tires made by an OEM supplier for the year of Corvette being judged. (Firestone, Goodyear, General, U S Royal, etc. )

They have to be the equivalent size of the OEM tire too.

The only way to get ALL the points is to have a set of ~50 year old original tires on your car, and that's crazy.

Even current day repro tires take a deduct because of differences like DOT markings, etc.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:47 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

You even get some points for None OEM radial tires, so long as they are modern day equivalent size tires. But this is not always known to the Ext judges. It is a 75% deduct but it leaves some originality points for you, and you can then get all condition points. This is one area where you can argue a full deduct and win.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:57 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Also you get points for driving your car to the event
What is this driving thing you speak of?
Old 11-18-2014, 05:02 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

-- Steve
Yeah really....who cares if you blow a tire and rip a fender/quarter apart?
Old 11-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Gongloff

You do get some points for radial tires made by an OEM supplier for the year of Corvette being judged. (Firestone, Goodyear, General, U S Royal, etc. )

They have to be the equivalent size of the OEM tire too.

The only way to get ALL the points is to have a set of ~50 year old original tires on your car, and that's crazy.

Even current day repro tires take a deduct because of differences like DOT markings, etc.
Originally Posted by 65hihp
You even get some points for Non OEM radial tires, so long as they are modern day equivalent size tires. But this is not always known to the Ext judges. It is a 75% deduct but it leaves some originality points for you, and you can then get all condition points. This is one area where you can argue a full deduct and win.
Yep, forgot to mention that. And you're right, it's a 75% deduct on originality.

Originally Posted by z06scentair
Yeah really....who cares if you blow a tire and rip a fender/quarter apart?
As you can see, you don't lose everything on radial tires.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:31 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by z06scentair
What is this driving thing you speak of?
Contrary to haters' common belief, NCRS is all about enjoyment of classic corvettes, in fact all corvettes. And especially driving them. Which is why chapters sponsor and support road tours to all National conventions, and most Regional events. And, they give the 10 bonus points to encourage corvette safe practices ie, battery cut off connectors and fire extinguishers and to help overcome deductions anywhere, especially for condition. And, they give credit, on an honor basis, for driving to the meet. Every mile you drive is worth 1/100th point, so drive 50 miles and you get .5 added to your final percent score. Meaning, if your final percentage score is 93.5 and you drove 50 miles to the meet, .5 is added and bam, Blue ribbon!

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS Event

Old 11-18-2014, 05:35 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Originally Posted by 65hihp
Contrary to haters' common belief, NCRS is all about enjoyment of classic corvettes, in fact all corvettes. And especially driving them. Which is why chapters sponsor and support road tours to all National conventions, and most Regional events. And, they give the 10 bonus points to encourage corvette safe practices ie, battery cut off connectors and fire extinguishers and to help overcome deductions anywhere, especially for condition. And, they give credit, on an honor basis, for driving to the meet. Every mile you drive is worth 1/100th point, so drive 50 miles and you get .5 added to your final percent score. Meaning, if your final percentage score is 93.5 and you drove 50 miles to the meet, .5 is added and bam, Blue ribbon!
Not a hater brother rather an advocate and a paying member!

Some of us don't need driving points was my point.

Last edited by z06scentair; 11-18-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

99.5 is very very difficult to get so congrats to you. So now we need pictures
Old 11-18-2014, 06:02 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

99.5 is very very difficult to get so congrats to you. So now we need pictures
Thanks! This judging sheet is for my 90 ZR-1. This car will be in FL in January for PV.

The mid-year hasn't been judged since 09, and scored 98.2.

Quick Reply: NCRS Event