C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

rag top window cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 06:10 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default rag top window cleaner

There was a thread a while back on this. My rear window has yellowed. I thought there was a cleaner/polish for this problem. Was It Mcguires ?? Does anyone have experience with this or some other cleaner. Thanks, and happy thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
There was a thread a while back on this. My rear window has yellowed. I thought there was a cleaner/polish for this problem. Was It Mcguires ?? Does anyone have experience with this or some other cleaner. Thanks, and happy thanksgiving
Meguires has both a cleaner and a polish (less aggressive than cleaner). Maybe buy both and try the polish first…………then the cleaner if needed. Go to their website for numbers.

Years ago, Ford and GM also sold a plastic window cleaner from their parts counters. You could also ask at a dealer parts counter to see wheat is still offered.

The Meguires should work fine.

Larry
Old 11-23-2014, 09:15 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Novus is a pretty good product I have had success with in the past for both soft top windows and plexiglass. It comes in three grits depending on what your needs are. Yellow is tough to get out but it will restore some clarity. It's available online if you Google Novus.

Get notified of new replies

To rag top window cleaner

Quick Reply: rag top window cleaner