C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 Coupe Front Window Channel Run

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:40 AM
j_66chevelle
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Default C2 Coupe Front Window Channel Run

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to installing the front window channel felt liner on a coupe.

I tried Corvette Rubber and LICS and the fit is horrible. I have the original pieces and not only are they not the same but the shape is so far off the bend over clips at the top will not hold it in the channel.

I ended up adding a rivet at the top however I'm really that happy with the end product.

A company called Repops who works with Metro Rubber made the ones for my 66 Chevelle they fit perfect, I'm shocked there are not better products for Corvettes.

Thanks for the help
Old 11-23-2014, 01:33 PM
65 Pro Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,046 Likes on 576 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by j_66chevelle
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to installing the front window channel felt liner on a coupe.

I tried Corvette Rubber and LICS and the fit is horrible. I have the original pieces and not only are they not the same but the shape is so far off the bend over clips at the top will not hold it in the channel.

I ended up adding a rivet at the top however I'm really that happy with the end product.

A company called Repops who works with Metro Rubber made the ones for my 66 Chevelle they fit perfect, I'm shocked there are not better products for Corvettes.

Thanks for the help
They are all junk, I found an original NOS set and they fit perfect, now I need a set for my 63 so I just bought a few 6 ft pcs from a street rod show and I am going to try them at least the shape is right, I will need to put the holes in for the vent window W/S tabs. I will let you know how it works.

Quick Reply: C2 Coupe Front Window Channel Run