C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Mike Terry Motorama Car - November 2014

Old 11-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Received 443 Likes on 204 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year (appearance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
CI 4-5-7-9-10-11 Car Show Winner
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11 Vet

Default Mike Terry Motorama Car - November 2014

Here is link to Mike Terry's write-up on the build of his
1954 Corvette Corvair Motorama Clone Project ===>>
Click Here

November 2014 updates

** Added November 23, 2014 **

It will be updated from time-to-time as he progresses with the project so keep checking back

George
Old 11-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Old 11-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

I will be ordering the rest of the parts this morning and as soon as they come in the putting the chassis together will only take 1 or 2 days.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:48 AM
gscott
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, You will need a new wardrobe for Amelia Island for you and Brett. Blue Blazers, tan slacks and straw hats for proper attire. Maybe rolex watches for good measure.

Gary

P.S. We will also need pics !
Old 11-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by gscott
Mike, You will need a new wardrobe for Amelia Island for you and Brett. Blue Blazers, tan slacks and straw hats for proper attire. Maybe rolex watches for good measure.

Gary

P.S. We will also need pics !
Wait till they see me all dressed up in my new Bib's and my straw hat with a Turkey feather in it. Wearing my Black convers tennis . Hell I will look slicker the a marble in a bowl of snot . As far as telling time I just look at the sun and come within a couple hours or so Now for the pic. After the car gets paint rolled on it with the new lint free 2" rollers there will be no more pic till after the event. We don't want all them other cars to feel bad on how they look as they will have to set outside with our car. Wait till the strippers come and set and do the Dukes of Hazard hood slide on the hood in there Daisy Duke shorts now that will get all there attention I am sure . The we will brake out the SHINE for all the judges and I am sure all will be OK then. Heck I could do a circle 8 slide and slide it into the place they want it parked, now that would impress them I bet.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:30 PM
gscott
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Wait till they see me all dressed up in my new Bib's and my straw hat with a Turkey feather in it. Wearing my Black convers tennis . Hell I will look slicker the a marble in a bowl of snot . As far as telling time I just look at the sun and come within a couple hours or so Now for the pic. After the car gets paint rolled on it with the new lint free 2" rollers there will be no more pic till after the event. We don't want all them other cars to feel bad on how they look as they will have to set outside with our car. Wait till the strippers come and set and do the Dukes of Hazard hood slide on the hood in there Daisy Duke shorts now that will get all there attention I am sure . The we will brake out the SHINE for all the judges and I am sure all will be OK then. Heck I could do a circle 8 slide and slide it into the place they want it parked, now that would impress them I bet.
That is what I was afraid of, I'm glad we still have a few months to find someone to work with you before the event !
Old 11-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by gscott
That is what I was afraid of, I'm glad we still have a few months to find someone to work with you before the event !
Work with me on what. Heck I am coming down south to teach them boys how the rest of the world lives and dresses
Old 11-26-2014, 05:02 PM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,266 Likes on 507 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Mike,

Are you and the car going to make it to the 37th Annual NCRS Winter Regional at Sun 'n Fun in Lakeland, Florida in January?
Old 11-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by fyreline
Mike,

Are you and the car going to make it to the 37th Annual NCRS Winter Regional at Sun 'n Fun in Lakeland, Florida in January?
We were planning on showing the car there first but we ran into some issues with the making of the windshield. If it were a flat windshield like on the old hot rods that would have been no problem. If it would have been a windshield from a 53 to 62 Corvette that you could just pickup the phone and call and order one, no problem. But it is not. It is taller then a regular Corvette windshield and the sides curving around plus the windshield has a curve in it from top to bottom also has made it very hard to get. What we have had to do is pretty much like we have had to do with all other parts on this car is make our own windshield then make a mold off of it. We not have some guys from a glass company coming out to fit the mold to the car and the windshield weather stripping to make sure it fits perfect then we are sending the mold out to have a company make us the windshield we need. See all the ones we have made were done out of thin metal and then fiberglass, and when it is fitted to the car we will send it out to be made. When it comes back we will then have the auto glass guys come back out and install it to make sure it fits correctly. Then take it back out again, send the car to paint and then put the car on the chassis and then have the guys come back again and install the windshield. That is what they do for a living and who better to do something like this then the people who do it for a living. The sides of the windshield curve around more then on a 53-55 because the height of the roof on the car. If the roof were not taller then you could not see over the steering wheel when you are setting in the car seat. If you look at the roof and the green motorama car that was at Bloomington Gold a couple years back there was a pic taken of a girl setting in the car on the floorboard and she could not see over the steering wheel and the girl was not all that tall. Think what that car would be like if you put seats in it and tried to drive it? Your head would hit the roof or you would have to scrunch your head and neck down into your body. That right there tells you that the person who built that car has know idea what the hell they were doing. I think they did it so they could use a 53-55 windshield which would also make there A pillars off also which would make the side curve in the windshield and the height also wrong. You know when building a car like this that is a true replica then you have to build it right or don't build it at all, and this car is right.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:01 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

Can't wait to see Pictures of this Jewel when its complete...

By they way....Have 2 windshields made...just in case...
Old 11-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 66jack
Can't wait to see Pictures of this Jewel when its complete...

By they way....Have 2 windshields made...just in case...
If something would happen to the windshield, the company who is making it will have there mold off of the mold we send them plus we are keeping the fiberglass mold that we made. Also if you have read some of my past post after the car is painted there will be NO PIC of it posted till after it makes it first showing at Amelia Island Event. after words I will post pic of the car.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 11-27-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Mike Terry Motorama Car - November 2014

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mike Terry Motorama Car - November 2014