C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

WCFB Culprit Aprehended (hopefully)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:52 PM
vettepoor
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Default WCFB Culprit Aprehended (hopefully)

After my fiasco with the dual wcfb's, I thought I had everything correct until I went on a cruise last night. On the way home, car was idling erratically at stops. Got home to find front carb drooling at idle again. After more research, I read about inverting the airhorn and blowing through the fuel feed. I tried this today, and heard the faintest hissing - coming from the secondary side!

All this time I was concentrating on issues on the primary side, as this is where the dribbling was coming from. Obviously the secondary side is fed from primary side, and if one side is leaking, well...

I removed the needle and seat, replaced with a new one, tightened it securely, and no more hissing to be heard. Just got back from a spirited drive and so far, so good - no dribble. One thing I noticed was the seats in the air horn were not super smooth like I expected them to be. With the fiber gasket used, I would think these should be super smooth? Hopefully this turned out to be the problem all along.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and suggestions. Great forum!

John

Quick Reply: WCFB Culprit Aprehended (hopefully)