C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

wax recommedation (no cleaner wax) for 67

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:54 AM
LDB C5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I feel compelled to add my $0.02. I think it depends on what you are looking for. that "foot deep" shine or long lasting protection are mutually exclusive. Protectants like Zaino or most of the synthetics will not "build" layers. They are excellent protectants, and will last a long time, but in my opinion wax (several coats properly applied) will look better in the short term. Wax will build up layers and cause the light to refract, similar to the way light is bent by water. The down side is that the wax will evaporate, and need pretty much constant maintenance. My '66 is a custom dark blue metallic (lacquer) and while there is a difference, it is not nearly as noticeable. I also have a 2001 millennium yellow convertible. The difference on the yellow is like black and white! With the protectant it is "shiny"; with several coats of wax, it literally dazzles.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:22 PM
65tripleblack
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 212 Posts

Easy: 3M Imperial Hand Glaze

Hard: Any 100% Carnauba wax product. Too bad Simoniz is no longer available.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:04 PM
HS Vette
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I use pinnacle natural brilliance souveran then klasse as sealant over the top of it. Results are great every time.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: wax recommedation (no cleaner wax) for 67