C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Bloomington Gold rules

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:55 AM
VetteJohn
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Bloomington Gold rules

I was reading another thread about NCRS verses Gold judging and a question popped in my head. All of us know that NCRS has manuals for their judging, what is used for Bloomington Gold judging?
Old 11-26-2014, 12:47 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteJohn
I was reading another thread about NCRS verses Gold judging and a question popped in my head. All of us know that NCRS has manuals for their judging, what is used for Bloomington Gold judging?
They use excerpts from the NcRs manual.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Yeah and if you are wanting to become a parts Vendor you had better read the rules real close. NO F/S CARS on your parts swap meet area. That is why I will not be attending this year. It is my booth space and I pay for it I should be able to put what ever I want on it. After all there are a lot of vendors that sell things that have NOTHING to do with Corvettes or Corvette parts. I will not be going.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:48 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Yeah and if you are wanting to become a parts Vendor you had better read the rules real close. NO F/S CARS on your parts swap meet area. That is why I will not be attending this year. It is my booth space and I pay for it I should be able to put what ever I want on it. After all there are a lot of vendors that sell things that have NOTHING to do with Corvettes or Corvette parts. I will not be going.
Pretty sure the OPs question has everything to do with Corvette judging and nothing to do with vendor rules.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:32 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

You have to go back in history. NCRS was the only group. Noland Adams, Dave Borroughs and some other folks were instrumental in the early days of NCRS. Then we had the usual petty feuds and people broke off. Dave took the NCRS rulebook and started Bloomington Gold.

What make all of this unique is that NCRS is still a car club. Bloomington Gold is a privately held corporation.

Richard Newton
Old 11-26-2014, 03:39 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Tim Thorpe Corvette restorer extraordinaire is or was the Bloomington gold `67 Corvette head judge and a CF member, he posts here under the name Thorpes Corvettes, why not send him a PM and ask.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:39 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteJohn
BG judges use their NCRS knowledge from what they have in their head; Bloomington Gold has no manuals, and no manuals are allowed on the judging field. Bloomington judging is four judges, each covering either interior, exterior, underhood, or chassis, all working at the same time on the same car, for 23 minutes. NCRS Flight Judging is five two-person teams, each team working independently, covering Operations, Exterior, Interior, Mechanical, and Chassis, usually for about 45-50 minutes per team.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:55 PM
VetteJohn
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default No manuals!

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I don't plan on getting anything judged I was just curious. But not using manuals seems a poor way to have consistency.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:44 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
You have to go back in history. NCRS was the only group. Noland Adams, Dave Borroughs and some other folks were instrumental in the early days of NCRS. Then we had the usual petty feuds and people broke off. Dave took the NCRS rulebook and started Bloomington Gold.

What make all of this unique is that NCRS is still a car club. Bloomington Gold is a privately held corporation.

Richard Newton
Now that's funny. Is WAS a joke, right?
Old 11-26-2014, 06:37 PM
histoy
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

If you do plan to have a car judged at both events, then have it judged at NCRS first. You will get a detailed report on any discrepancies found, then you can correct them prior to BG judging. That's the way we did it, and after getting the Top Flight Award it made getting the BG certification of our '82 Collector Edition an easy process.

Get notified of new replies

To Bloomington Gold rules

Quick Reply: Bloomington Gold rules