C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Need Help selecting the Best speaker

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Bomba_MC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need Help selecting the Best speaker

I have a 58 corvette with a replica wonder bar radio that I purchased form corvette central. I also purchase the dual voice speaker from corvette central and the sound is horrible. Barely any bass, lots of distortion when I put the volume up. Can anyone recommend a good speaker that could be used with this radio and under the dash in its existing position.
I would appreciate anyone that could offer suggestions on the selecting the best speaker for this wonderbar replica.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Check out S&M electrotech. They have top quality OEM type speakers for classic cars. You can look at their web site or call and speak to Greg during business hours. Nice guy and very knowledgeable. Be sure to mention you have a replica radio since you may need a different ohm speaker than stock Happy Thanksgiving.

Gary

Last edited by Gary's '66; 11-26-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

You can look for threads under my id about this topic. Be VERY careful what front speaker you buy - 99% are poor sounding junk. Don't let anybody sell you those plastic boards with 2 4" speakers glued to them. They are the worst....

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help selecting the Best speaker

Quick Reply: Need Help selecting the Best speaker