C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Corvette Restoration-Kentuckiana. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 611 Likes on 333 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Corvette Restoration-Kentuckiana. Thoughts?

Would appreciate any +/- comments and or recommendations on Corvette Restorations.com in Kentuckiana (near Louisville on Indiana/Kentucky line). My son wants his '72 painted and is interested in hearing from people who have had their cars painted there and the level of satisfaction and customer service you received fare pricing, etc. He wants a quality job, original color (steel cities gray), but not lacquer. Used for local car shows and cruising in the Nashville area and will never be NCRS or BG judged. Thanks in advance for your impressions of this restoration shop. Thanks.
Panama58
Old 11-27-2014, 07:32 AM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Go to Glass Overlook Road SE on Google satellite. Go to the end of the road. His shop is in the clump of trees and his private garage is the one in the clearing.

I've been to his shop 3-4 times. He gave me a tour once. He had some nice cars there that he'd worked on. I know his wife and her two brothers. Good people. He told me he had a shop in Louisville for years but lost it in a divorce a long time ago. He seems to stay pretty busy. Never heard anything negative about his business or him.

http://www.corvetterestoration.com/1index.shtml

That's all I know.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:07 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Hey Panama!

How did you hear about Corvette Restorations? He doesn't advertise locally that I know of. I've not seen any regional or national advertising yet he seems to stay busy.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:43 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

He also promoted this project for awhile but I don't think he had any takers.

http://www.corvetterestoration.com/4doorvette/
Old 11-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 611 Likes on 333 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by MikeM
Hey Panama!

How did you hear about Corvette Restorations? He doesn't advertise locally that I know of. I've not seen any regional or national advertising yet he seems to stay busy.
He lives in Franklin, TN and went to several cars and coffee to see if he could get some recommendations. Corvette Restorations was mentioned a couple of times so I told him I would ask around on a couple of forums to see what else I could learn for him. He may be planning a trip up there soon to check things out a little closer. Thanks for your comments.

Panama58

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Restoration-Kentuckiana. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Corvette Restoration-Kentuckiana. Thoughts?