C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Headlight Bucket adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:49 AM
66RBS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Headlight Bucket adjustment

Re 66

Searched the archives and couldn't find this one.

My passenger side headlight bucket rubs the body about 15* before it closes. The headlight bezel rubs against the side . I have the HL motors out awaiting parts and was checking the free play of the buckets. The rub is on the outside gap so I need to move the bucket laterally more toward the center of the car.
According to UPC 12 A2, I would guess the spacer (4) and set screw (6) would accomplish this. Correct? How do you access this set screw?

Plan B would be to grind about .030 off the fiberglass where the headlight bezel rubs just before closing. This area is just above the bumper on the bottom of the headlight pocket and is not noticeable.

Randy
Old 11-28-2014, 04:07 PM
adj3650
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are some good videos of the headlight bucket assy's on YouTube. Perhaps those would help?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:29 PM
RestoMike
Melting Slicks

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 66RBS
Plan B would be to grind about .030 off the fiberglass where the headlight bezel rubs just before closing. This area is just above the bumper on the bottom of the headlight pocket and is not noticeable.

Randy
.......no need to grind glass Randy. As laborious as it is, adjusting the lateral movement is the way to go. One of the challenges is getting to the outside end collar spacer with set screw to loosen. Once you've made the adjustment inward (toward the center of car) you will also need loosen the inside headlight Y stop. It serves as part of the adjustment (left to right) to keep the bucket from gravitating back to the outside.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight Bucket adjustment

Quick Reply: Headlight Bucket adjustment