C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Lower W/S Stainless

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 04:44 PM
macs65
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Lower W/S Stainless

Replacing the windsheild on my 65 convertible. There are 11 clips that secure the lower stainless. At some point a previous owner replaced the glass and installed a few more clips with wood screws. Mostly all of the screws where rusted and I had to grid the heads off to remove the clips. The after market clips were installed to far forward leaving a small gap behind the stainless. The screws that I managed to remove left different size holes in uneven locations. Everything is cleaned up now and the holes repaired.

Need a little advice folks,

I did manage to maintain the 1st, 6th and 11th clip locations, is there a specific spacing between clips or just best even guess between
1 and 6, 6 and 11???

Thanks
Old 12-13-2014, 08:45 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

macs65,

Here's a couple of pics of my '65 after I had POR15'd the windshield frame, then applied the 3M Glazing Compound 08509. If you look carefully at this first pic, you can count 7 clips (these are the replacement clips from Paragon) I installed in the original holes

On this 2nd pic (a little blurry), you can see another 4 clips. Note the relationship of the clips to the inside brackets for that black trim piece.

Hope this helps.

Oh, when I did mine, I found 12 clips around the base (I ended up using 1 of the original ones.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 12-14-2014, 10:36 AM
macs65
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the reply, I used Por 15 around the window frame as well.
I also sprayed Krown Rust check inside the frame.

Get notified of new replies

To Lower W/S Stainless

Quick Reply: Lower W/S Stainless