C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 door hinge strikers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 PM
chrislyn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C2 door hinge strikers

Looking to find out how and what tool you used to install the two rivets that hold the striker plates to the hinge. For clarification these are the little plates that keep the door in the open position. I can put the rivets on backwards but I don't want to do that.

Note: I went to the Long Island Website to confirm that what I was asking was the correct term that I used and in fact it is.

Last edited by chrislyn; 12-21-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I think 'striker' might confuse people - are you referring to this circled piece ?
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 AM
chrislyn
Pro

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
I think 'striker' might confuse people - are you referring to this circled piece ?
That is correct. One of the vendors I deal with used that word to discribed the part . I had a puzzled look on my face but didn't question it. Thanks for pointing that out. Wes
Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 AM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,521 Likes on 3,001 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by chrislyn
That is correct. One of the vendors I deal with used that word to discribed the part . I had a puzzled look on my face but didn't question it. Thanks for pointing that out. Wes
That vendor was making a "non-standard" use of the term. The striker plate is part of the door latch mechanism at the rear of the door.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:38 AM
chrislyn
Pro

Ttt
Old 12-21-2014, 06:17 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I used a tool when I worked at Fruehauf Trailers many moons ago that was a hand held pneumatic/hydraulic tool that had a throat on it that allowed to go over an edge of a panel and squeeze the rivets that needed to be installed. VERY SPECIFICALLY MADE TOOL and SUPER high dollar.

I...myself would use my air hammer and using a backing of thick steel...I would stake the rivets from the outside area with the correct rivet set tool. Some serious set-up may be required...because I know what you are talking about...but I would need to have the hinge in front of me to see how I would need to set up the 'bucking bar'.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To C2 door hinge strikers

Quick Reply: C2 door hinge strikers