C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Edelbrock Pro Flow XT EFI fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 12:14 AM
daytonablue64
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Edelbrock Pro Flow XT EFI fit?

Has anyone had luck getting an Edelbrock Pro Flow XT EFI (the ram air intake style not the throttle body style) to fit under a C2 small block hood?
It looks like the dimensions for ram air intake (alone) will fit but the throttle body and air filter input maybe a problem.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:51 AM
SI67
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Here's a thread: Seems like it's been done

Originally Posted by daytonablue64
Has anyone had luck getting an Edelbrock Pro Flow XT EFI (the ram air intake style not the throttle body style) to fit under a C2 small block hood?
It looks like the dimensions for ram air intake (alone) will fit but the throttle body and air filter input maybe a problem.
I know nothing of this myself, but your question seemed familiar. See this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...clearance.html

UPDATE: Be advised, however, that according to the last post of THIS thread, the Pro Flow XT manifold is being redesigned and will not ship until further notice.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...om-needed.html

Hope the info is of some use!

Steve

Last edited by SI67; 12-22-2014 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Update with more info
Old 12-22-2014, 11:30 PM
daytonablue64
Instructor

Originally Posted by SI67
I know nothing of this myself, but your question seemed familiar. See this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...clearance.html

UPDATE: Be advised, however, that according to the last post of THIS thread, the Pro Flow XT manifold is being redesigned and will not ship until further notice.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...om-needed.html

Hope the info is of some use!

Steve

Well that last link certainly throws a wrench into the works, at least for the time being until they release the new design. With any luck the new one might actually fit without question.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:58 PM
troutster71
Racer

Location: Albuquerque Resistance is not futile. It's voltage divided by current.
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well that last link certainly throws a wrench into the works, at least for the time being until they release the new design. With any luck the new one might actually fit without question.

Thanks for the heads up!
FYI, That last link is specifically for a bigblock.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:15 PM
SI67
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by troutster71
FYI, That last link is specifically for a bigblock.
Ooops. Good catch! Thanks for correcting my error.

daytonablue64, I apologize for giving you a bum steer. The fellow who was notified that the manifold was being redesigned was indeed working on an EFI setup for a big-block motor, so the second link in my earlier message does not apply if you are looking for a small-block system, which seems most probable since you asked about fitting under the small-block hood.

Steve
Old 12-23-2014, 11:35 PM
daytonablue64
Instructor

Ooops. Good catch! Thanks for correcting my error.

daytonablue64, I apologize for giving you a bum steer. The fellow who was notified that the manifold was being redesigned was indeed working on an EFI setup for a big-block motor, so the second link in my earlier message does not apply if you are looking for a small-block system, which seems most probable since you asked about fitting under the small-block hood.

Steve
OK great! Thanks for pointing that out guys.
So there may be hope yet for me fitting a Pro Flow XT on my small block.... under a small block hood.
Anybody else out there have any luck with this on a C2?
Old 12-24-2014, 02:47 AM
SI67
Melting Slicks

OK great! Thanks for pointing that out guys.
So there may be hope yet for me fitting a Pro Flow XT on my small block.... under a small block hood.
Anybody else out there have any luck with this on a C2?
Why the Pro-Flow XT in particular, as opposed any of the other port-injection systems out there? Just curious, as I daydream about EFI for my '67....

Steve
Old 12-26-2014, 03:42 PM
daytonablue64
Instructor

Why the Pro-Flow XT in particular, as opposed any of the other port-injection systems out there? Just curious, as I daydream about EFI for my '67....

Steve
Well according to the manufacturers sale propaganda the ram air plenum style manifolds have the potential to let the engine make around 10 to 20 hp more than their 4 barrel-throttle body/single plane manifold/port injection systems do.
I have a 383 that just keeps pulling harder and harder right up to at least 6000 rpm. So I thought that style intake might complement package.
I've already determined that the Holly Stealth Ram won't fit.
But the Pro-Flow XT, according to my measurements will fit, but it's up front around the intake of throttle body and filter that looks like it might not fit.
I'm hoping somebody has tried it already and will let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock Pro Flow XT EFI fit?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Pro Flow XT EFI fit?