C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

coil replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 05:43 PM
kettererhouse
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default coil replacement

Any one know of a replacement coil for the GM 1115263 coil on a TI system
Old 01-01-2015, 06:25 PM
SI67
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by kettererhouse

https://www.paragoncorvette.com/sear...chTerm=1115263

Are you looking for correct appearance or just functionality?
The link above shows two fairly costly alternatives. I think they they are lookalike replacements, one imported and one made in the United States. If you click on the right-hand (domestic) one, the catalog will show you down toward the bottom of the page three less expensive ones that are make no attempt toward correct appearance but claim to work with TI. I have no experience with these units myself, nor any with the factory TI at all, but this is what I found.

Steve
Steve
Old 01-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Try K&B Corvette Products. They may or may not sell direct, but they can tell you who/where you can get their product. It is a GM licensed reproduction TI coil #263 for 1967 Corvette. They are the source.

Zip or Corvette Central or LICS may also stock them.

Larry
Old 01-01-2015, 06:43 PM
kettererhouse
Instructor

Originally Posted by SI67
https://www.paragoncorvette.com/sear...chTerm=1115263

Are you looking for correct appearance or just functionality?
The link above shows two fairly costly alternatives. I think they they are lookalike replacements, one imported and one made in the United States. If you click on the right-hand (domestic) one, the catalog will show you down toward the bottom of the page three less expensive ones that are make no attempt toward correct appearance but claim to work with TI. I have no experience with these units myself, nor any with the factory TI at all, but this is what I found.

Steve
Steve
Steve Thanks looking for function right now vs original and cost. and if possible USA made, I will check out you info Thanks again
Old 01-01-2015, 06:45 PM
kettererhouse
Instructor

Originally Posted by Powershift
Try K&B Corvette Products. They may or may not sell direct, but they can tell you who/where you can get their product. It is a GM licensed reproduction TI coil #263 for 1967 Corvette. They are the source.

Zip or Corvette Central or LICS may also stock them.

Larry
Larry Thanks will call tomorrow for the info
Old 01-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Larry Thanks will call tomorrow for the info
This is from Zip. I am almost certain that it is the K&B coil I mentioned. http://www.zip-corvette.com/catalog/...-coil-1115263/

They (Zip) also shows one generic coil at about 1/2 the price. May not be USA made. You could call and ask.

NAPA also has good parts and could be a local source. They will tell you if USA made before you buy if you ask them. I don't have a NAPA part number for you, but they should be able to cross reference your original coil number.

Obviously I like/recommend the K&B product. But I'm not buying…..

Larry

Last edited by Powershift; 01-01-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:16 PM
kettererhouse
Instructor

Originally Posted by Powershift
This is from Zip. I am almost certain that it is the K&B coil I mentioned. http://www.zip-corvette.com/catalog/...-coil-1115263/

They (Zip) also shows one generic coil at about 1/2 the price. May not be USA made. You could call and ask.

NAPA also has good parts and could be a local source. They will tell you if USA made before you buy if you ask them. I don't have a NAPA part number for you, but they should be able to cross reference your original coil number.

Larry
Obviously I like/recommend the K&B product. But I'm not buying…..
Larry just checked that out have Visa in hand ((almost)) will check NAPA out tomorrow all local parts stores here today well I wont say it.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:57 AM
kettererhouse
Instructor

Just an update and Thanks to this forum The only TI coil made in USA is from Paragon Thanks SI67 Steve for putting me on the right track, just pulled the trigger on this embossed 263 and DR60 no silver red ti sticker that's extra cost was 155.00 and 21.00 ship but first time customer gets a 20.00 ship discount one time only. All other suppliers including K&B was china made Just for your info This group really rocks Thanks again Michael

Get notified of new replies

To coil replacement

Quick Reply: coil replacement