C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 ac harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:56 AM
TPIC427
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 67 ac harness

On my 67 ac car there are 2 wires that look like they should plug into the blower motor-one is purple and comes from the ac harness and the other is orange and is part of the main harness. Are a/c and non a/c harnesses the same as far as both having the orange plug? If so then the purple goes to the blower and the orange is not used? Also there is a red wire from the relay above the ac box that runs the length of the ac harness and was cut off close to where the harness enters the firewall. Any help on what that is and where it goes? And finally-When I removed the insulation to trace that wire back I noticed that the insulation on a few of the wires is a bit brittle, probably time to replace the entire harness. Has anyone here replaced the ac harness and how difficult is it? Thanks in advance
Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Do not use the engine harnes Orange wire. Use the Orange wire from the AC harnes. It's all in the AIM
Old 01-23-2015, 11:55 AM
R6T7
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I just replaced the A/C harness in my '66, and did my '67 last year. The engine compartment part is easy, but the A/C harness goes through the firewall rubber grommet, connects to the blower switch, and the compressor switch located behind the glove box. You can get the job done by removing the A/C duct on the driver's side, the driver's side radio panel, and the glove box. It's a two man job, and requires some patience. You'll likely need to order a new firewall grommet as well.

Bob
Old 01-23-2015, 12:44 PM
TPIC427
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by R6T7
I just replaced the A/C harness in my '66, and did my '67 last year. The engine compartment part is easy, but the A/C harness goes through the firewall rubber grommet, connects to the blower switch, and the compressor switch located behind the glove box. You can get the job done by removing the A/C duct on the driver's side, the driver's side radio panel, and the glove box. It's a two man job, and requires some patience. You'll likely need to order a new firewall grommet as well.

Bob
That doesn't sound too bad-time to place an order. Thanks
Old 01-23-2015, 02:41 PM
R6T7
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TPIC427
That doesn't sound too bad-time to place an order. Thanks
I highly recommend M&H - they make excellent products that fit perfectly!

http://www.wiringharness.com/

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To 67 ac harness

Quick Reply: 67 ac harness