C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Corvette origin thread ?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:55 AM
VeroWing
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Corvette origin thread ?

Every now and then I see someone paste a pic of their Corvette and ask if anyone has any info about prior owners, etc. Many, like myself, did not get any papers or background info when they purchased their Corvette, and have no means to now gather any info, other than original dealer zone from NCRS.

I'm wondering if a thread (sticky?) with people posting a pic of their car, where they purchased if from, along with any other pertinent info such as vin, etc. would yield any worthwhile info.

If so, here's mine, and #s info. It is a 1964 coupe, 327/365, original Daytona blue, now black, with dark blue interior. Appears to have had a frame off restoration probably 6-10 years ago with few road miles since. I bought it from a collection in Stuart, Fl 4 years ago, through an owner rep that had little info. I recall Fl title I received had the last name Higgins, or similar name on it, IIRC. Appreciate any info on car either here or a PM. Thanks, Mike.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:21 AM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

Back story on my Trove of Paperwork 'to me', I got after posting my Vin on another website about 14 years ago....

Received ALL the paperwork in 2010...

He sent me an email saying he had my POP/Warranty Booklet and a New Vehicle Inspection/Adjustment Schedule, New Car PreDelivery Inspection Card, with a ladies signature.

He had found my VIN on the C2 Registry.

Pictures followed, telephone conversations and emails flowed back and forth.
I never let it be known that the Original owner found me by accident at a local car show, plus I never put the Original Owners name on the Internet.
Then a few months later a couple of guys were looking at my sign board at another local show and noticed the Chevy Dealership on there and they both were employed at same dealership.
Now I’m stoked, we talked for an hour or so about the dealership because this was the dealership that my car was purchased from. The reason I know is that the Original Owner told me.
We exchanged /numbers and i thought that was it.
So when the emails showed up and the Original Owners Name was on the papers, my jaw hit the floor.
I immediately called the Original Owner and asked if he lived on such and such street, he said yes, i asked what his wife's name was and it was on the service part of the booklet.
I also called one of those guys that seen my sign board and forwarded the pics, he said the lady on the Pre-Delivery card was the secretary and she filled out the card for the new owners.

He might still be in business, he ran into some issues here on this site posting ALL the VINS and paperwork he had...he might have sold it all by now...His website is still up..with the VINS still listed....

LOOK UNDER PARTS FOR SALE, in the drop down menu..

http://jettvettes.com/sold.php
Old 01-29-2015, 11:55 AM
VeroWing
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, that's great 66jack! I checked site and there are many vin #s there, but regretfully, mine was not one of them. Would be a great source for many though.

This is just what I'm suggesting. I'm certain that many members here have plenty of historic info about other Corvettes they may have either owned, or have knowledge of. I'm also fairly certain there are plenty of members like myself trying to gather past info on their Corvettes. Seems to make sense to have a place or thread that addresses this.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

I posted the VIN of the 1960 I owned 40 years ago on the C1 Registry and listed the owner as "unknown". I put the down description of the car as it was when I sold in 1976 along with my email address asking if anyone had any information on it to please send me an email. It was VIN# 62. I'm glad I kept copies of the registration so I know what the VIN was.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette origin thread ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette origin thread ?