C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Mike Terry Motorama Car - February 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Received 448 Likes on 205 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year (appearance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
CI 4-5-7-9-10-11 Car Show Winner
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11 Vet

Default Mike Terry Motorama Car - February 2015

Here is link to Mike Terry's write-up on the build of his
1954 Corvette Corvair Motorama Clone Project ===>>
Click Here

February 2015 updates

** Added February 09, 2015 **

It will be updated from time-to-time as he progresses with the project so keep checking back

George

Last edited by Black_Magic; 02-13-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

The painted 1/2 of the dash., Now you all will see a big difference in the car at every posting. Between the painting of the car and painting the motor and installing the motor in the chassis and more this will be pretty much a blurrrr from now on so keep checking the site.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:23 AM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Thats going to be one BOSS looking car.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:21 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Even that small portion of fresh paint looks good! Is that shoreline beige?
Old 02-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by groovyjay
Even that small portion of fresh paint looks good! Is that shoreline beige?
Very close
Old 02-10-2015, 04:25 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
Very close
Shoreline beige with crystal red is going to look brilliant!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by groovyjay
Shoreline beige with crystal red is going to look brilliant!
Mike has a good eye for color
Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Received 448 Likes on 205 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year (appearance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
CI 4-5-7-9-10-11 Car Show Winner
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11 Vet

Here is link to Mike Terry's write-up on the build of his
1954 Corvette Corvair Motorama Clone Project ===>>
Click Here

February 2015 updates

** Added February 11,12,13 2015 **

It will be updated from time-to-time as he progresses with the project so keep checking back

George
Old 02-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

From this point on it is going to be a big blurrr. Installing windows, finish up on the chassis while the body is at the upholstery shop and when it is done we will set the body on the chassis and then all about running the wiring for the dash and engine bay. The wiring is already in place in the rear end. So run the rest of the wiring and start hooking things up and installing body trim. So watch close because it is going to go FAST.
I think the body lines are dead on to the original and the color is about as close to what GM put on the original for the NY Motorama. I know there are going to be some GM people at Amelia Island and they have already said they want to come and inspect the car. I just told them we would be glad to show it to them.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:14 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Absolutely stunning!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Please feel free to check out the sight and see all the progress we have made on the body and chassis and also the motor. That will be the last of pic showing large sections of the car body or interior or even any other part of the car. Stay tuned and follow the web site and you will understand. This build will go real fast now so keep following the web site. http://www.stl-vettes.com/Mike_Terry...rry_Main.shtml

Last edited by Mike Terry; 02-14-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

...going to have it out at this year's Indy Bloomington Gold? Since my last Bloomington of '06, I may attend this year's event. Car looks great so far.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:30 PM
ohiovet
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Mike, Brett.
Very, very nice.
I just painted my 57 Corvette Gasser and I wish it was as nice as yours.
Bruce B
Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Paul Borowski
...going to have it out at this year's Indy Bloomington Gold? Since my last Bloomington of '06, I may attend this year's event. Car looks great so far.
I was not invited to bring it out and put it on display there. So there for I will not be bringing it out. I am not even sure that I will even go this year. They are not allowing parts vendors to who are selling parts to also have a car F/S on there booth space and if I can not have all my stuff together where I can keep an eye on it then I will not be attending. I am sure that B G will loose some vendors because of there new ruling. I would not be selling the Motorama Car but I would only have it there if it were invited and if it were some place where people could not get there hands on it or kids could not touch it and just having it set on a booth space I know some one would scratch it and I am not going to let that happen.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:20 AM
gscott
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking great ! I was starting to have visions of Brett riding in the trailer on the way to fla finishing up the car, now it appears that it should be done with 4 or 5 hrs to spare.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

As long as we do not run into any real big problems it will be done in time to take it to Amelia Island. The car goes to upholstery this week and after the headliner is installed we will get the car back and start putting it together. The upholstery shop can send the seat and carpet and door panels later all we need is the head liner installed so we can do our thing. The rest of the carpet etc. we can put in our self. We don't want t be climbing all over the new carpet and seat covers while we clime in and out of the car installing things so that will be some of the last things we install anyway.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:40 AM
65 fi
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

Beautiful job Mike. Can't wait to see photos when it is done. I imagine the crowd at Amelia Island will be swarming around it.

Get notified of new replies

To Mike Terry Motorama Car - February 2015

Old 02-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 65 fi
Beautiful job Mike. Can't wait to see photos when it is done. I imagine the crowd at Amelia Island will be swarming around it.
We will not be posting any completed pic of the car till after it goes to Amelia Island. I hope some one comes to look at it. I know that some GM people said they would be stopping by to see it. Yesterday I was at the World of Wheels Car Show in Indianapolis, In. and I got stopped by a guy and asked if I was Mike Terry and I told him if Mikes owes you $$$$ I am not him. Come to find out he was one of the members of the Indianapolis Corvair Club and told me he has been following the build of the Motorama Car from day one. He wanted to know if I would join there club and bring the car to a meeting sometime when it is nice weather. So do I rejoin a Corvette Club or do I join a Corvair Club or do I not join a club at all? Maybe I should put it up to a Vote.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:27 PM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,266 Likes on 507 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
We will not be posting any completed pic of the car till after it goes to Amelia Island. I hope some one comes to look at it. I know that some GM people said they would be stopping by to see it. Yesterday I was at the World of Wheels Car Show in Indianapolis, In. and I got stopped by a guy and asked if I was Mike Terry and I told him if Mikes owes you $$$$ I am not him. Come to find out he was one of the members of the Indianapolis Corvair Club and told me he has been following the build of the Motorama Car from day one. He wanted to know if I would join there club and bring the car to a meeting sometime when it is nice weather. So do I rejoin a Corvette Club or do I join a Corvair Club or do I not join a club at all? Maybe I should put it up to a Vote.
No reason not to bring the car to one of their meetings, if it's convenient for you. After all, it represents the original GM Corvair - which I would be willing to bet at least a few of them are completely unaware of. Don't really see a reason or benefit to actually joining their club, unless you want to. In any case, I'm sure all of them would enjoy and appreciate the car.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by fyreline
No reason not to bring the car to one of their meetings, if it's convenient for you. After all, it represents the original GM Corvair - which I would be willing to bet at least a few of them are completely unaware of. Don't really see a reason or benefit to actually joining their club, unless you want to. In any case, I'm sure all of them would enjoy and appreciate the car.
Great reasoning Fyreline when the weather breaks this spring and it is a sunny no rain day I will take the car to there meeting. There were 2 guy setting at the Corvair booth who had no idea that GM built a Corvair back in 1954. The older I get the less I want to belong to clubs and hear all the bickering that goes on and the he said she said crap. That is part of the reason I stopped my membership with the Corvette club I belonged to. I am going to get the body at the paint shop this morning and pay my bill there. The car will go to the shop where we will install the window glass and then send it to the upholstery shop for them to do there thing. Keep following along to see the progress.

Quick Reply: Mike Terry Motorama Car - February 2015