C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

wheel clearance

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 06:09 PM
DucatiDon
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you swap later spindles onto a 63/63 car, doesnt that make the track width the same as the 65+ cars?
So if a wheel combo works on a 65+, it would be the same fitment on a 63/64 with OEM disc brake parts...?

Can you also post a pic of the wheel to tie-rod clearance?

Also if you can post detail fo what kit you used, and if possible what kit was on there to begin with. This will help folks in the future.

Thanks!
D

Last edited by DucatiDon; 02-27-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:59 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiDon
Correct me if I am wrong, but if you swap later spindles onto a 63/63 car, doesnt that make the track width the same as the 65+ cars?
So if a wheel combo works on a 65+, it would be the same fitment on a 63/64 with OEM disc brake parts...?

Can you also post a pic of the wheel to tie-rod clearance?

Also if you can post detail fo what kit you used, and if possible what kit was on there to begin with. This will help folks in the future.

Thanks!
D
the kit is the one I posted earlier in the thread, I have no clue where the previous conversion came from or who makes it. I will try to get a tie rod pic but there is no clearance issue there.

Quick Reply: wheel clearance