C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Off topic...what is a good GM error code reader?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:26 AM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

I wouldn't have known where to begin in looking for something like this. Seems to be so many different flavors out there. I'd like to find one that displays the meaning of the code which I think would be real useful when you're in the middle of nowhere and can't easily look it up online.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:32 PM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Just an update....

Well...I had to break down and do something with my ABS. I thought the brakes would work even though the ABS light was intermittent....WRONG!!!

I pulled into a parking lot and went to go park in a stall (at crawling speed) and I could not stop the truck even though I was pressing as hard as I could no the brake! Lucky for me no car was in-front of me!! After going about 5 feet it stopped. Word to the wise...if you have an ABS light on...don't wait until you hit someone to do something about it. I was lucky!

After that...I decided to go online and see if this was a "DIY video" and found one on YouTube regarding the sensor for my truck/year and how rust is usually the problem (as was mentioned). I pressured washed the sensor area and took out the sensor..there was no rust in or around the sensor. I cleaned up bottom of the sensor and using a Q-Tip I went over the "gears" inside. I put it back together and went 15 miles today...no ABS light...yet.
I'd still like to get a diagnostic code reader...and will be looking into it.

Last edited by jusplainwacky; 03-01-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Off topic...what is a good GM error code reader?