C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C1 fiberglass body part

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:52 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Default C1 fiberglass body part

I am looking for a couple of the little panels that go in the trunk of C1, that has the bump in it to clear the rear spring shackle. Does anybody make this panel? It would not be that difficult to mold some, but I would rather buy some if they were available. Never worked on the car where they either were not in place, or were still laying down in the trunk behind the spare tire well panel.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 02-20-2015, 09:54 PM
mcb55-210
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Wish I could help you, John-all I can do is bump you to the top.

Mike
Old 02-20-2015, 11:30 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

I figured it was worth a try, but I had never seen any being sold. I guess I will make a mold this weekend and pop out a couple.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 02-21-2015, 06:51 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by John McGraw
I figured it was worth a try, but I had never seen any being sold. I guess I will make a mold this weekend and pop out a couple.

Regards, John McGraw
Unless you have tried the companies that make these molded panels....it is hard to say...especially without a photo....BUT....seeing how you say you can make them fast...that may be the way to go.

DUB

Last edited by DUB; 02-23-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Pierre
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought some used ones from Grossmueller about 6 or 7 years ago.
Worth a try
Old 02-25-2015, 03:08 AM
tgtexas02
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 184 Posts

John, I had to make one shackle plate cover for my 58 a couple of years ago and I made a male and female mold out of plaster. I think I still have if you want it and I will go search for it if you need it. Made a perfect copy! Or, I will lend you my original plate to copy if I have lost the mold.

I have a house in Belton, Texas which I am at right now and another in Galveston which I will be going back to by this weekend. I could meet you in Jarrel, Georgetown or somewhere to give you the part and I trust you to get it back to me. You sent me some small rivets several years ago so I owe you.

Let me know. My cell is 254-368-2991 anytime--I am retired so don't worry about bothering me. Leave a msg and phone # if I miss you. If you don't need at this point no problem. Bill
Old 02-25-2015, 11:37 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Is this a pre '61 thing?

I can't visualize what panels these would be.

Doug
Old 02-25-2015, 12:04 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tgtexas02
John, I had to make one shackle plate cover for my 58 a couple of years ago and I made a male and female mold out of plaster. I think I still have if you want it and I will go search for it if you need it. Made a perfect copy! Or, I will lend you my original plate to copy if I have lost the mold.

I have a house in Belton, Texas which I am at right now and another in Galveston which I will be going back to by this weekend. I could meet you in Jarrel, Georgetown or somewhere to give you the part and I trust you to get it back to me. You sent me some small rivets several years ago so I owe you.

Let me know. My cell is 254-368-2991 anytime--I am retired so don't worry about bothering me. Leave a msg and phone # if I miss you. If you don't need at this point no problem. Bill
Bill,

Thanks for the offer, but I made a mold last weekend and made the part I needed. I found it amazing that nobody produces the panels, given the simplicity of them. I guess there is almost no demand for them.

Regards, John McGraw

Get notified of new replies

To C1 fiberglass body part

Quick Reply: C1 fiberglass body part