C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Geeked about corvettes @ carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:32 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist

Congrats Jim !

that is quite an honor
Old 02-25-2015, 11:16 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Thanks guys!

Tom McCabe, I was at Carlisle last in 2011. Looking forward to the drive and just seeing the sea of Corvettes and folks there.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:46 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by 6T5RUSH
Dennis, I'll be looking forward to meeting members here. Hope to rub shoulders with the folks over at the 63-67 Sting Ray Registry run by Dennis and Cindy.

Jim
In God We Trust!
Congrats , I hope to see you & Paul this summer. I am going for the first time. Just have to get the rear end done.

Jack
Old 02-26-2015, 08:01 AM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 321 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Congrats Jim, I will be there, maybe in the 66.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:09 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Congratulations Jim I will look forward to seeing you and your 65 at Carlisle. I probably won't drive down in my 65 but I will be there.

Paul
Old 02-26-2015, 11:50 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In III Veteran

Definitely plan on putting a face to all these "handles" here!

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Definitely plan on putting a face to all these "handles" here!

Jim
In God We Trust!
Yes so I can stop mixing you and Rick in my posts. But then again, that may be a good thing

Jack
Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2015, 10:14 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Hi Guys,

I just received a letter of invitation to be 1 of 20 '65 Corvettes in their tent display recognizing the 50th year of the '65s.
...My '5 is no where near NCRS quality but it's a great driver and its patena reflects this.

All you guys who plan on attending this event, I'll be sure to be looking for you.

Call me geeked and don't think I can smile any broader

Ya' know, I'm sure there are other forum members here who have '65s and who also got this invite.

So, let's hear about these other 19 Vettes and their owners.
Hi Jim - In the computer industry since '82 I'm already "Geeked" LOL but now I too am super-STOKED to be one of the other 19 to have their '65 in Carlisle's 50th anniversary display this year.

Clearly this isn't going to be a showcase of NCRS/correct '65s but it certainly will be a showcase of owners who really enjoy and use their ride!

In my case, since my car and I share the same year (65) and build-date (Sep 8) we're going to hit the official 50 mark the same day about a week after Carlisle, so gods-willing that's where we get this Five-O party started.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:38 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In III Veteran

Paul,

That is cool. My '5 is coming up to its 50th birthday party a week from this Sunday, March 8...just a little ahead of our 50th wedding anniversary (May 22). This IS a great year for a as well as the '5's !

Look forward to seeing you Paul, taking pictures AND meeting all here who will be attending this event.

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:51 AM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Great news Jim, congratulations! I wonder why Jack confuses us because I'm the good looking one!
Rick
Old 02-27-2015, 11:03 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In III Veteran

Rick, HA!!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Rick, HA!!
What can I say , all corvette owners look the same ?

See you in August. Where am I staying ? First time going.

Jack
Old 02-27-2015, 03:28 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In III Veteran

Hi Jack,

Hang on to your wallet for accommodations near the fairgrounds. Probably within a 30 mile radius to Carlisle have mushroomed their rates. Nothing new.

Good luck!

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:07 PM
chevahaulic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It fits their description of available cars to view. I never could understand why I should trailer or drive a car several hundred miles so a promoter can charge admission. Just gas, motel and food runs a small fortune if the event is a big draw. Often times motels get together and raise prices to make that extra buck.
Yes it is nice to be recognized and the event should spring for minimal costs involved. One can believe the event is promoting the " history, preservation, and knowledge of the classic car. The bottom line, .... it's the almighty dollar.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:01 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by chevahaulic
It fits their description of available cars to view. I never could understand why I should trailer or drive a car several hundred miles so a promoter can charge admission. Just gas, motel and food runs a small fortune if the event is a big draw. Often times motels get together and raise prices to make that extra buck.
Yes it is nice to be recognized and the event should spring for minimal costs involved. One can believe the event is promoting the " history, preservation, and knowledge of the classic car. The bottom line, .... it's the almighty dollar
I hear ya but where isn't the almighty dollar not the bottom line?

Rick
Old 03-01-2015, 03:21 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by chevahaulic
Yes it is nice to be recognized and the event should spring for minimal costs involved. One can believe the event is promoting the " history, preservation, and knowledge of the classic car. The bottom line, .... it's the almighty dollar.
Um, wha?
As Rick says, where isn't the almighty dollar, well... almighty?
They even ask for some at church!

While at a family function yesterday some asked me about having my car in the 50th display. Most all the non-car people, those who don't "get it" asked if the selection included any money for expenses, special accommodation, etc.

I said we get free admission, which is great - and for certain there will be MANY examples of a '65 better than mine on the field, but it's really just a fun opportunity to have my car together with a bunch of other '65s, so we can compare details, experiences and mostly share this fun and passion with others. Not surprisingly, those who asked had no special interests of their own that they were "into" so no point further explaining.

The way I see it, we're paying Carlisle events to provide the property, organization, invitations and management of this annual Corvette party, providing a safe, enjoyable opportunity to see, share and learn great new things plus hang out with some great Corvette folks! That's one helluva deal, but if you don't see it that way - please don't come!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Oaker57
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 69 Posts

Congratulations Jim, that's a special treat for you I'm sure. I think the 50 yr. display is really neat, I especially enjoyed seeing all the 64's last year, (mine wasn't in it) but it afforded me the opportunity to see many options and how certain things were put together. So I hope you enjoy your opportunity.

I will be sure to stop by, and hope to get a chance to say hello, I only live an hour and a half away so it's not a bad trip for me, but always a costly one, as I'm still slowly restoring lots of bits and pieces....

Have a great time...
Old 03-01-2015, 05:42 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In III Veteran

ricks327,

Ain't that the truth...the $ drives all that we do (to someone eventually).

PaulUptime,

Well said. It really is a time to see in person the folks in this hobby and for those who can attend, who really get it. Yup, with certain friends and family members, I get a deer in headlight look when they ask me what I'm doing/interests. That's OK by me. That's what makes this world of ours go around...different strokes for different folks.

Oaker57,

Thank you! Look forward to seeing the "whites of your eyes" at this event.

Quick Reply: Geeked about corvettes @ carlisle