C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

It was 50 years ago today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 11:11 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

RK-TECT,

azmusclecar DID say it best. Kudoos to you RK-TECT. Hope you and your 50 year old had a great drive yesterday. The 5 0 is a sweet time in your life. Enjoy!!

My '5's bday is a week from Sunday. Sure wish I looked as good as she does.

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:37 AM
RK-TECT
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vwtdi
Happy birthday to your great looking family member. Hard to believe she's 50. Mine wasn't too far behind yours on the assembly line and will be celebrating next week. Born 3/3/65
Great looking Vette as well, VW! Happy early birthday to my car's younger twin sister. My wife and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the same day that you celebrate your car's 50th birthday. Cheers!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:41 AM
RK-TECT
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 6T5RUSH
azmusclecar DID say it best. Kudoos to you RK-TECT. Hope you and your 50 year old had a great drive yesterday. The 5 0 is a sweet time in your life. Enjoy!!

My '5's bday is a week from Sunday. Sure wish I looked as good as she does.
Thank you, Jim! I'm glad that I made the time for a birthday drive the other day because my plans for taking the wife for a Vette cruise & birthday lunch yesterday got cancelled by Mother Nature. It poured most of the day... so much that our street looked like a lake! If the Vette didn't have wheels, I could have used the fiberglass body as a boat. Today will be a clean-up day, so we'll do a rain check and plan a belated birthday and anniversary lunch outing for next weekend.

Happy early birthday to your car as well. I think we all wish that we looked as good as our Midyears! Maybe we could have come close if we cared for ourselves as much as we pamper our cars! Anyway, age is just a number, so keep on cruising and live life to the fullest!

Quick Reply: It was 50 years ago today...