C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

brace install

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:17 PM
keith62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default brace install

I am reassembling my 62, and I need some help on how to install the right rear bumper braces. If possible can converse on the phone if I do not understand?
Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 PM
RestoMike
Melting Slicks

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Your question is post on Parts for Sale, you'll get a better response on the General Discussion Forum.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:29 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Moving from Parts section
Old 03-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

What are you not understanding ?
Looks very straightforward to me....the right side should be a mirror image of this assembly manual picture of the left side.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2015, 10:23 AM
keith62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default supports

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
What are you not understanding ?
Looks very straightforward to me....the right side should be a mirror image of this assembly manual picture of the left side.
You are correct, but I have less room to work with on the right side than the left because of the spare tire tub. This why I asked the question, because of the space how do I put this in. I am able to put of any two combination of braces, but the third. This my question.
Thanks for the response.

Keith Hebert
member 45543
Old 03-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I went out and looked at my '61 on the lift and, yes, I can see your issue.

Its prob not impossible to worm those parts up in there somehow without major dis-assembly of something but I've never had to do it so I hope somebody with more experience in the technique might answer...
Old 10-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Ferry
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keith62
I am reassembling my 62, and I need some help on how to install the right rear bumper braces. If possible can converse on the phone if I do not understand?
(Sorry for my english)
Hello, are you still on this issue? I have just dropped the body of my 61 onto the chassis so that I know what you are going through... you are right the left side is a pain in ... somewhere.
If you are going to drop the body on the chassis my advice (that came from an old restorer of vettes) is to assembly the rear left bumper and its braces before dropping.
But in my case I have assembled both bumpers and all braces and used a ratchet strap from the left to the right braces maintaining them with a small tension so that they can pass between the rearmost chassis, and guess what it worked perfectly.
After that I have unloose a bit every bumpers bolts to align correctly the braces and fit the bolts through the chassis and finally tighten again the bumpers, end of it.
I hope it'll help!
Ferry

Get notified of new replies

To brace install

Quick Reply: brace install