C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

What Company Manufacture's The Red Tail Light Lenses on the Mid-Year Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 10:33 PM
bondguy
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What Company Manufacture's The Red Tail Light Lenses on the Mid-Year Corvettes

I can see a name of a company on my four tail lights that looks like it starts with a letter G but can't read the name as my eyes can't see the name…writing is too small. What is the name of the company and are most cars in good shape orig lenses or reproduction lenses?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 PM
leif.anderson93
Le Mans Master

Received 3,098 Likes on 1,866 Posts

Originally Posted by bondguy
I can see a name of a company on my four tail lights that looks like it starts with a letter G but can't read the name as my eyes can't see the name…writing is too small. What is the name of the company and are most cars in good shape orig lenses or reproduction lenses?
You're probably seeing the word "GUIDE". If yours are bad, all the vendors sell excellent reproductions.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:38 AM
Mike67nv
Melting Slicks

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by leif.anderson93
You're probably seeing the word "GUIDE". If yours are bad, all the vendors sell excellent reproductions.
As Leif said, the word you’re seeing is Guide. Guide Lamp Division of General Motors made your original tail light lenses. Guide Lamp was spun off in the late ‘90’s as a private company when most of the other component divisions went into Delphi. Unfortunately, Guide closed their doors a few years later.

You might be able to find original lenses on ebay or The Driveline. Trim Parts sells reproductions licensed by GM and made with original GM tooling.

http://www.trimparts.com/parts/index/b2Zmc2V0PTE%3D
Old 03-31-2015, 06:16 PM
bondguy
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike67nv
As Leif said, the word you’re seeing is Guide. Guide Lamp Division of General Motors made your original tail light lenses. Guide Lamp was spun off in the late ‘90’s as a private company when most of the other component divisions went into Delphi. Unfortunately, Guide closed their doors a few years later.

You might be able to find original lenses on ebay or The Driveline. Trim Parts sells reproductions licensed by GM and made with original GM tooling.

http://www.trimparts.com/parts/index/b2Zmc2V0PTE%3D
Mine are in great condition. I was just wondering about if they might possibly be the original ones that came with the car. Do the repro's have the Guide name on them as well?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by bondguy
Mine are in great condition. I was just wondering about if they might possibly be the original ones that came with the car. Do the repro's have the Guide name on them as well?
Yes.

Larry
Old 03-31-2015, 07:18 PM
raylag64
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I'll take a look tonight, I know I have 2 in the original Guide boxes and maybe 4. Let me know if you are interested.

Get notified of new replies

To What Company Manufacture's The Red Tail Light Lenses on the Mid-Year Corvettes

Quick Reply: What Company Manufacture's The Red Tail Light Lenses on the Mid-Year Corvettes