C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

powerbrk. booster, master cly and pro valve purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
quahog
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Default powerbrk. booster, master cly and pro valve purchase

HI. fellas , I'm in need of a booster,master cly and prop. valve for my 67 project.What I have is not appropriate for this application even if rebuilt, so I,ve been searching for a replacement.I found what I,m looking for ,I think, on Ebay.The seller is Rodpartsdealer out of Hudson Iowa. Do any of you have any experience with this vendor or the products he sells. Any info good or bad would be appreciated. The cost is 199.99 with free shipping seems like a deal to me , maybe. Thanks in advance . Jeff
Old 03-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,942 Likes on 4,781 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Look up loan star caliper in Teaxas. They are my number one source for all Corvette brake parts
Old 03-30-2015, 09:39 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by quahog
HI. fellas , I'm in need of a booster,master cly and prop. valve for my 67 project.What I have is not appropriate for this application even if rebuilt, so I,ve been searching for a replacement.I found what I,m looking for ,I think, on Ebay.The seller is Rodpartsdealer out of Hudson Iowa. Do any of you have any experience with this vendor or the products he sells. Any info good or bad would be appreciated. The cost is 199.99 with free shipping seems like a deal to me , maybe. Thanks in advance . Jeff
Corvette disc brakes didn't use a proportioning valve - do you mean the distribution block that contains the differential pressure switch?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 AM
quahog
Racer

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Look up loan star caliper in Teaxas. They are my number one source for all Corvette brake parts
Thanks for the reply I'll check them out. Jeff
Old 03-31-2015, 12:02 PM
quahog
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Corvette disc brakes didn't use a proportioning valve - do you mean the distribution block that contains the differential pressure switch?
I wasn't sure what that brass block was ,I assumed it was a proportioning block. Unfortunatly I misplaced all the brass brake blocks I took off the frame ,the search is on. Thanks for the reply John . Jeff
Old 03-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I wasn't sure what that brass block was ,I assumed it was a proportioning block. Unfortunatly I misplaced all the brass brake blocks I took off the frame ,the search is on. Thanks for the reply John . Jeff
Lone star will have it all. Great people to work with
Old 03-31-2015, 02:48 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

It's not brass - the differential pressure switch is cast iron - see photos below.
Attached Images    
Old 03-31-2015, 08:13 PM
quahog
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnZ
It's not brass - the differential pressure switch is cast iron - see photos below.
Jonh that is the part I took off the bracket under the master,I cleaned it and the brass blocks at the same time and as I mentioned I currently can't put my hands on those parts. I looked for these parts in 3 different catalogs and they call the part attached to the master on the bracket a proportioning valve, are they mislabeling the part or are they substituting a proportioning valve for the distribution block? Can one substitute one for the other? Or do I really have to find the one I misplaced. Thanks for all the replies. Jeff
Old 03-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Jonh that is the part I took off the bracket under the master,I cleaned it and the brass blocks at the same time and as I mentioned I currently can't put my hands on those parts. I looked for these parts in 3 different catalogs and they call the part attached to the master on the bracket a proportioning valve, are they mislabeling the part or are they substituting a proportioning valve for the distribution block? Can one substitute one for the other? Or do I really have to find the one I misplaced. Thanks for all the replies. Jeff
Order parts from vendors who only sell Corvette parts and not life style junk.

Get notified of new replies

To powerbrk. booster, master cly and pro valve purchase

Quick Reply: powerbrk. booster, master cly and pro valve purchase