C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Respected Fiberglass Repair in SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 594 Posts
Default Respected Fiberglass Repair in SE

Looking at a C2 with some impact damage. I'm in south central Tennessee but trailering as much as 3-4 hrs is not a big deal to a respected shop. We can get paint work done local, but not knowledgeable about glass work.

Also, who provides the highest quality or OEM body panels if they can't be repaired? Trying to get rough number on the glass repair to see if the car is fairly priced.

BTW, I've Googled and see Ecklers, Sermersheim's, and a few others for replacement parts. No idea on who sells the best. Thx
Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 PM
corvettekent
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Lotsacubes
Looking at a C2 with some impact damage. I'm in south central Tennessee but trailering as much as 3-4 hrs is not a big deal to a respected shop. We can get paint work done local, but not knowledgeable about glass work.

Also, who provides the highest quality or OEM body panels if they can't be repaired? Trying to get rough number on the glass repair to see if the car is fairly priced.

BTW, I've Googled and see Ecklers, Sermersheim's, and a few others for replacement parts. No idea on who sells the best. Thx
http://www.corvetteimage.com/ in Oregon or Sermersheim for fiberglass parts. Make sure you use "press mold" parts.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:31 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

B Rod or Custom, of Knoxville builds some of the finest custom cars in the SE. I've seen two custom Corvettes they've built in the past 4 years and they're incredible. Give them a call or just stop by and chat, you will be impressed.
http://www.b-rodorcustom.com

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 04-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Amazing... Athens is less than an hour and Chattanooga about 1.5 hr. I'm just starting to get plugged into the local Corvette community so they probably already know of these shops.

Copy on the press mold parts. Thanks

It makes me grin. A guy from Santa Barbara and NC point me to a shop almost down the street. Thanks guys!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:17 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

Ditto on luckys restorations. Where are you located? I'm just outside of Birmingham, al
Old 04-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Live over the line in Tenn, work in Huntsville/Madison, AL. Thx. I'll call Lucky's.

Get notified of new replies

To Respected Fiberglass Repair in SE

Quick Reply: Respected Fiberglass Repair in SE