C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

new to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 04:36 AM
dazo
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forum

Hello all. I am new to the forum.

My wife has recently acquired this beautiful car.
She is not very mechanically inclined and is hoping that I will be able to learn more about these cars to help her with the maintenance and upkeep of this 1964.

Thanks for checking out this thread.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:52 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Welcome

Nice car. I can understand the smile on your face. This is a great forum. Do not be afraid to ask ? You can also search for info. from past posts. See above. Everyone here enjoys photos too.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:08 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Welcome! There is nothing these guys can't tell you how to fix. I literally can't think of stumping them- the collective knowledge is awesome.

The search key is your friend. It actually is easier to google straight from your browser "corvette forum c2" plus some key words about your problem. It organizes a little better than the forum search window.

Tell us more about how your wife decided on this car- it looks as if we are about the same age and, absolutely no disrespect, you don't see many women as the primary drivers- sounds like a cool wife!

With a few exceptions, most of the technology you will be maintaining is straightforward Chevy parts and 51 year old technology. Get a good set of hand tools, a cheap digital multimeter (invaluable) and prepare to feel like a hero when you find a fix!

-benton
Old 04-02-2015, 07:49 AM
kidvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum and nice car. You will find lots of helpful people here on the forum. Check out the sticky thread area for FAQ and lots of info can be found in there. But first thing you should do is get some maintenance manuals and an assembly manual. Let the restoration or modification sickness begin. LOL
Old 04-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Welcome but you need to post where you live so people know. I hope you enjoy the Corvette Forum like all of us do.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Canuck62
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome and Congrats one your new car,, very nice... ask lots of questions,,, i find it amazing what the other forum members know,,, and share
I cant help but wonder though,,, how come your standing beside "her" car for the pic
Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 AM
stratplus
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forum, nice car. It's nice to see a young (younger) guy interested in these cars.

Now maybe we won't hear as much, well I got the spark plug in and "oh my back, my neck, my arthritic hands, I can't remember where I left the wrench, I cant walk.

Oh sorry, that was me talking with my wife this morning, just talking about changing the plugs. I never actually got to change them. Never mind..

Last edited by stratplus; 04-02-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:09 AM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

Welcome to the best forum around...

Tell us more about the car...

Beings it's your wife's car, why are you posing for the picture...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Well you certainly married well.

So did she in fact because, as we all know, wives just keep men around for vehicle maintenance and lawn care

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,689 Likes on 1,274 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Welcome aboard and congrats on finding a great wife.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Welcome to the CF...the encyclopedia of everything Corvette. Tell us the back story on the car and ownership. Dennis
Old 04-02-2015, 12:18 PM
5thvet
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome aboard, you came to the right place

Don
Old 04-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Jalopy31
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking '64. Looking forward to hearing more about it.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:29 PM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the family.
A great place to learn and share !
Old 04-02-2015, 05:49 PM
dazo
Navigator

So the car belonged to my father in law, and was passed down to my wife. I am not sure how long he owned it, but he had it before she and I got together.

I am in the first picture because I didn't want to put my wife's picture up on the forum until I got a feel for the type of folks who are on this site. (But you guys don't seem like a bunch of pervy wierdos, so here is a picture of her and I together.)

Currently the car is in Minneapolis, where her late father lived, and her mother currently lives. She and I are residents of Las Vegas. We are planning on bringing the car down here at some point, but storing it up there has been easier so far.

After he passed, she sold off his 5 other cars and three Harleys, but kept this one as a reminder of her father, who was a great guy.

So we figured it would be good if I could track down a website that would help us figure out what we needed to know about these cars. Unfortunately her father passed suddenly and didn't really tell us too much about care of this vehicle. I am into motorcycles, and do a fair amount of my own maintenance so I figured I could learn about these cars too.

I have been interested in these cars since I was a kid. My dad had a '67 convertible, with the 327 in it and he got me psyched on this era of Corvette. The fact that I got to drive one after hearing about them my whole life is really cool to me.

Thanks for welcoming us!

Last edited by dazo; 04-02-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
5thvet
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dazo
So the car belonged to my father in law, and was passed down to my wife. I am not sure how long he owned it, but he had it before she and I got together.

I am in the picture because I didn't want to put my wife's picture up on the forum until I got a feel for the type of folks who are on this site.

Currently the car is in Minneapolis, where her late father lived, and her mother currently lives. She and I are residents of Las Vegas. We are planning on bringing the car down here at some point, but storing it up there has been easier so far.

After he passed, she sold off his 5 other cars and three Harleys, but kept this one as a reminder of her father, who was a great guy.
Sorry for the loss but it is nice to have that to remember him by!
Don
Old 04-02-2015, 06:10 PM
dazo
Navigator

Originally Posted by 5thvet
Sorry for the loss but it is nice to have that to remember him by!
Don
Thanks man. My wife was very close to her father, and it was way too soon.

Get notified of new replies

To new to the forum

Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by dazo
Thanks man. My wife was very close to her father, and it was way too soon.
I'm 34 and lost my dad suddenly last January while I was traveling. I'm sorry it's happened to her, please let her know. It's rough.

Now- if you hang out here you will find we CAN be a little "pervy". Mostly on Friday Funnies. A couple guys also have a sour outlook (you know who you are!) but man there are a BUNCH of wicked smart and friendly guys of all ages here to help.

I drove mine home in one long day 600 miles almost after the purchase. If the car checks out, I highly recommend the experience of actually driving it home to NV.

Ps- nice shirt! I had a few bikes and I must say my bosses old MV Brutale was the Harriest thing I ever rode!

Last edited by ChattanoogaJSB; 04-02-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:27 PM
dazo
Navigator

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
I'm 34 and lost my dad suddenly last January while I was traveling. I'm sorry it's happened to her, please let her know. It's rough.

Now- if you hang out here you will find we CAN be a little "pervy". Mostly on Friday Funnies. A couple guys also have a sour outlook (you know who you are!) but man there are a BUNCH of wicked smart and friendly guys of all ages here to help.

I drove mine home in one long day 600 miles almost after the purchase. If the car checks out, I highly recommend the experience of actually driving it home to NV.
Good to know about this forum.

I am not sure we want to drive the car 1600 miles from there to here, we are pretty set on shipping it. I was nervous as s#^% driving it around Minneapolis, I think I would have a heart attack before getting it to Vegas.

Edit: I see you are in Chattanooga. If you are a fan of beer, a friend of mine is getting ready to open a brewery out there called Hutton and Smith, if you happen to stop in, tell him Darren from Vegas sent you!http://huttonandsmithbrewing.com/

Last edited by dazo; 04-02-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 PM
dazo
Navigator

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
Ps- nice shirt! I had a few bikes and I must say my bosses old MV Brutale was the Harriest thing I ever rode!
I just got a 2013 F3 racebike in January!

It is an absolute beast of a machine!

Quick Reply: new to the forum