C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Motorama Car @ Amelia Island & others

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Default Motorama Car @ Amelia Island & others

If you go to the like http://www.stl-vettes.com/mike_terry..._2015_04.shtml you will see pic of the Motorama Car and just above the pic you will see a line that says HERE and it will show you several other quality cars that were at Amelia Island all trying to win awards also. Pic were put on the site by Black magic the Forum Member who built and maintained the site for the build of the car. Please let Black Magic and Brett (Vette Daddy) and myself know if you like following the build and the pic from the build and the pic from Amelia Island d'Elegance as well as the other cars at Amelia Island Event.
The next event the Motorama Car will be at is the Ault Park Concourse d'Elegance in Cincinnati Ohio on June 14th. If you are a forum member and you attend the Event please stop by and say hello.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 04-12-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:36 AM
W Guy
Drifting

Received 178 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
If you go to the like http://www.stl-vettes.com/mike_terry..._2015_04.shtml you will see pic of the Motorama Car and just above the pic you will see a line that says HERE and it will show you several other quality cars that were at Amelia Island all trying to win awards also. Pic were put on the site by Black magic the Forum Member who built and maintained the site for the build of the car. Please let Black Magic and Brett (Vette Daddy) and myself know if you like following the build and the pic from the build and the pic from Amelia Island d'Elegance as well as the other cars at Amelia Island Event.
The next event the Motorama Car will be at is the Ault Park Concourse d'Elegance in Cincinnati Ohio on June 14th. If you are a forum member and you attend the Event please stop by and say hello.
Mike,
Just so you know, your car is featured in this week's issue of Old Cars Weekly.

Verne
Old 04-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Where did they take the pic at, Amelia Island? That is the only place it has been till it goes to the Concourse Event in June in Ohio.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:13 PM
W Guy
Drifting

Received 178 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Where did they take the pic at, Amelia Island? That is the only place it has been till it goes to the Concourse Event in June in Ohio.
Yep, pretty sure that's where it was done. I don't think they mentioned your name in the article - only the builder's name.
I'm trying to save it for you from this morning's rain in the recycling can.

Verne
Old 04-17-2015, 09:26 PM
mrtexas
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Have a good shot of what is behind the seats ? Haven't
seen one and am curious. What is the engine?
You've probably said before but is it a one off?

Last edited by mrtexas; 04-17-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:39 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

That's what the '53 Corvette should have looked like. Something about the shape/design of the roof and fastback area that just makes that a serious looking sportscar.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mrtexas
Have a good shot of what is behind the seats ? Haven't
seen one and am curious. What is the engine?
You've probably said before but is it a one off?
As far as I have been able to find out there are no pic of the motor in the original Motorama Corvair. So we really don't know if it even had a motor in it at all, who knows? We put a 235 motor in the car and we re-stamped it to show it was a Dec. 53 motor block and Nov. 53 heads because they had to be working on prototype motors in 53 to put in a 55 Corvette so it may have had a 265 in it, know one knows for sure. The stamp pad shows EX 4611 which is what the 54 Corvette we started out with really was number 4611 or really number 3611 out of 3640 so the car was really 29 from the last one built in 1954. Now GM used a 1953 Corvette to build the Motorama Car because it was built, done and showing in NY in Jan. 1954 at the 54 Motorama. GM never would have had time to take a 54 Corvette and build a 54 Motorama Car out of it because they would not have had time. That is why they used a 53 Corvette. They probably just pulled one off the line and built the 54 Motorama Corvair out of it. Being that it was destroyed and there are and were no paper work to prove anything and NO Blue Prints like someone says they have by buying at an Estate Sale we will never really know the truth on the car itself. I do believe that the Motorama Corvair that Brett Henderson and I built is as close to the original one that GM built then anything out there. We had to modify the A pillars and raise them up (so much) to get the roof lie correct and to get the car to where you can set in it and not hit your head on the headliner in the car. The Motorama Car will be in Cincinnati Ohio in June at the Ault Concourse d'Elgance. Hopefully we will win something there like we did at Amelia Island Concourse Event.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 04-18-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Motorama Car @ Amelia Island & others

Quick Reply: Motorama Car @ Amelia Island & others