Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Needing info on a restorer in arkansas

Old 04-15-2015, 04:28 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Needing info on a restorer in arkansas

HELLO GUYS.....My name is Sammy Buchanan,I live in New Johnsonville Tn.....I am currently in the middle of a restore of my 67 SB vert. The guys name is Jeremy Hedges of Hedges Corvettes in Lowell Ar. On the beginning of the rebuild communications was easy texting and ph. The rebuild was to take no more than 4 months, he took delivery of the car on feb 12th 2014,and he still working on it....Communications r become harder and harder to make,he has missed numerous promised end dates.Does anyone on the forum have any past experiences with this restorer or know of anyone that has,"Good OR Bad"...I would love to hear from you.......He has all the $$$ and the car.. He may call me tomorow to come get the car its finished.I doubt it tho.....But I'm trying to be as positive as I can.. Any HELP on INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICATED THANKS Sammy
Old 04-15-2015, 04:43 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by SAMS67427
HELLO GUYS.....My name is Sammy Buchanan,I live in New Johnsonville Tn.....I am currently in the middle of a restore of my 67 SB vert. The guys name is Jeremy Hedges of Hedges Corvettes in Lowell Ar. On the beginning of the rebuild communications was easy texting and ph. The rebuild was to take no more than 4 months, he took delivery of the car on feb 12th 2014,and he still working on it....Communications r become harder and harder to make,he has missed numerous promised end dates.Does anyone on the forum have any past experiences with this restorer or know of anyone that has,"Good OR Bad"...I would love to hear from you.......He has all the $$$ and the car.. He may call me tomorow to come get the car its finished.I doubt it tho.....But I'm trying to be as positive as I can.. Any HELP on INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICATED THANKS Sammy
Don't know what led you to Hedges, but a trip through the archives here or on the NCRS site would have steered you differently; there's a top-notch restorer who's as honest as the day is long in Medina, TN, but it's a little late for that.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:23 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Don't know what led you to Hedges, but a trip through the archives here or on the NCRS site would have steered you differently; there's a top-notch restorer who's as honest as the day is long in Medina, TN, but it's a little late for that.
Thank You John for ur input....I was sure looking for a better responce,looking back there has been several red flags..Right now just not sure of my options if any for now.....THANKS AGAIN!! JOHNZ FOR YOUR HONESTY
Old 04-15-2015, 05:33 PM
RestoMike
Melting Slicks

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Much of the advice you'll receive now will be of the 'hind sight' type.....like giving a restorer $$$ up front is never a good plan.

User name : donbayers has done business with Jeremy Hedges and believe he was satisfied with his work however don't want to speak for him. Might give him a shout.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:26 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a good experience with him, took a little longer than expected but I am pleased with my car. He is not the same hedges that's makes the custom frames. Most of the bad feedback is on the chassis builder. Tom
Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RestoMike
Much of the advice you'll receive now will be of the 'hind sight' type.....like giving a restorer $$$ up front is never a good plan.

User name : donbayers has done business with Jeremy Hedges and believe he was satisfied with his work however don't want to speak for him. Might give him a shout.
RestoMike......You r so right my friend...AT my age of 64 this was going to be my last rebuild,u would think someone my age would be a lot smarter ,this is my 3rd,and the only one I have ever considered giving all the $$$ up front, but it was suppost to be a short turnaround of 4 months and was looking to give him a couple of extra months,but he incouraged me after the first couple, that he really needed the rest of the $$$ to go on and get all the parts ordered...He was telling me all the things I was wanting to hear. I drove out there this past oct and met Jeremy.the car was striped and ready for paint,the strange thing about my visit was there wasnt another person there and it was in the middle of day on a wed,and he was telling me the whole time he had 4 or 5 full time employees plus his self...AND I don't think does alot but drum up new business and pay the bills...You are so right about hind sight !!!!!!!!! Thanks Sammy Trying to get in touch with donbayers now....
Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ramjet68
I had a good experience with him, took a little longer than expected but I am pleased with my car. He is not the same hedges that's makes the custom frames. Most of the bad feedback is on the chassis builder. Tom
Thanks for your reply....Could you tell me how long he had your car when he was wooking on it? Was it a full restore or partial? Thanks Again
Old 04-15-2015, 10:13 PM
donbayers
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

RestoMike......You r so right my friend...AT my age of 64 this was going to be my last rebuild,u would think someone my age would be a lot smarter ,this is my 3rd,and the only one I have ever considered giving all the $$$ up front, but it was suppost to be a short turnaround of 4 months and was looking to give him a couple of extra months,but he incouraged me after the first couple, that he really needed the rest of the $$$ to go on and get all the parts ordered...He was telling me all the things I was wanting to hear. I drove out there this past oct and met Jeremy.the car was striped and ready for paint,the strange thing about my visit was there wasnt another person there and it was in the middle of day on a wed,and he was telling me the whole time he had 4 or 5 full time employees plus his self...AND I don't think does alot but drum up new business and pay the bills...You are so right about hind sight !!!!!!!!! Thanks Sammy Trying to get in touch with donbayers now....

I tried to call your cell earlier. He had my car for about 5.5 months. Parts of the time the project was idle. I don't think hedges is a bad guy but sometimes folks are not the best at business.
I would have liked to see a little more attention to detail but at the same time I didn't spend 50k with him on a top flight. He did Zoomin' SWC right after mine in record time. New interior and all. However I had more work to do on mine.

I would let the guy know that it has gotten to the point with you that he is going to start getting bad press if he does not communicate better and wrap things up for you.

Personally I wouldn't use the forum to air dirty laundry.

Hope it works out for you
Old 04-15-2015, 10:22 PM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I was concerned when I read this, but after reading the mixed responses I think you are going to be OK. The response that I trust the most was John Z. as his information is always right on.....but others have had some luck with this restorer......
Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 PM
donbayers
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Guess we should make sure John Z is not talking about the Hedges frame people.

I personally did some checking on Jeremy Hedges before I let them work on my car and I did not find much negativity. I can't say I searched NCRS forum high and low but thought I did.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:58 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

I hope this is right, that Jeremy may be getting some flack that he doesn't deserve and being mistaken for another restorer by the same name of Hedges....I may just be in a restore that everyone hopes they are never involved in...Hope I can just live long enough to see done !!!
Old 04-15-2015, 11:49 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I dont know how much you were having done, but four months for a complete restore is unrealistic to start with. Yall been watching too many of those TV shows.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:39 AM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

As Don said, he did my interior, took a couple months. I gave him some money up front for a parts draw, made another payment about a month later and settled up at the end. That was the way he asked to do it, and I was fine with that.

He had a detailed statement of the work done and the time spent, and he always asked before he started on something we hadn't agreed on beforehand.

I will stay tuned in to see how this works out.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:29 AM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by RestoMike

That goes for ANY type of contactors PERIOD. Giving a "draw" as the work is being done is acceptable as long as you SEE it being done. Also, always insist on a written contract as to a time line for completion, (which can also include penalties if overdue) materials to be used and, if applicable, the names and references of any work done by subcontractors.
Any responsible contractor/business owner should not have a problem with those terms.

Gary

Last edited by Gary's '66; 04-16-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:58 AM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by donbayers
I tried to call your cell earlier. He had my car for about 5.5 months. Parts of the time the project was idle. I don't think hedges is a bad guy but sometimes folks are not the best at business.
I would have liked to see a little more attention to detail but at the same time I didn't spend 50k with him on a top flight. He did Zoomin' SWC right after mine in record time. New interior and all. However I had more work to do on mine.

I would let the guy know that it has gotten to the point with you that he is going to start getting bad press if he does not communicate better and wrap things up for you.

Personally I wouldn't use the forum to air dirty laundry.

Hope it works out for you
I know ,I'm not meaning to slam Jeremy,I'm just trying to see if any one has had a similar experience with him in a rebuild like mine.He new on the front end what this car needed,he went to New York to inspect the car,and reported back that it would be a great rebuild.Still saying 4 to 6 months tops.....I was really very scatable but he's the professional with over 35 years in his family business.I didn't feel I needed to question his judgement.... I really like Jeremy,but I think I have been mislead quite often at times.He does this as his profession,its not like he operates as a body shop that has to cater to insurance claims 1st to keep his doors open.my previous complete rebuilds was done by a body shop
And the 1st took 13 months,the 2nd took 17 months and I am in my 15th month now......Not HAPPY........I will keep everyone posted on the outcome
Old 04-16-2015, 10:35 AM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wombvette
I dont know how much you were having done, but four months for a complete restore is unrealistic to start with. Yall been watching too many of those TV shows.
GUILTY...As charged!!! What was I thinking??
Old 04-16-2015, 06:25 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by donbayers
Guess we should make sure John Z is not talking about the Hedges frame people.
Well, apparently I'm talking about the Hedges "frame guy" - he's the one who gets all the bad press I hear about; wasn't aware that there's another restorer named Hedges who can be trusted.

Get notified of new replies

To Needing info on a restorer in arkansas

Old 04-16-2015, 08:21 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Well, apparently I'm talking about the Hedges "frame guy" - he's the one who gets all the bad press I hear about; wasn't aware that there's another restorer named Hedges who can be trusted.
JohnZ....you have always been the one that we hope will comment on our questions. You are truly Mr Corvette in my book..When you replyed to my concern,I couldn't help but think that I HAD REALLY MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.And I didn't know anything about this other Hedges guy either..So I would like for you to know how much I appreciate your fellow up conmment.All though this rebuild has been anything but pleasent I guess I need to just except the fact its going to be a long one and give him the chance to work thou what ever problems he dealing with. THANKS!!! Sammy
Old 04-16-2015, 11:28 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was a complete plant on body only . Stripped to bare fiberglass, new qtrs, crash repair, and some custom floor and firewall work (restomod) took 1 year, he thought it would be less but I knew it'd take a while. I went to his shop and looked at several cars he had finished before committing even tho His shop is 5 hrs from me. Not uncommon for shops to take that long . Just go check on it, an open forum letter rarely helps the cause. Hedges frame is on the west coast, he might be related but definitely not same guy
Old 04-17-2015, 08:32 AM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Mine was a complete plant on body only . Stripped to bare fiberglass, new qtrs, crash repair, and some custom floor and firewall work (restomod) took 1 year, he thought it would be less but I knew it'd take a while. I went to his shop and looked at several cars he had finished before committing even tho His shop is 5 hrs from me. Not uncommon for shops to take that long . Just go check on it, an open forum letter rarely helps the cause. Hedges frame is on the west coast, he might be related but definitely not same guy
.Thanks ramjet68 for the reply.My rebuild is a body on restore.Pretty well everything on car will have to b touch at some point..Ever comment I get seams to be in Jeremy's favor....And thats good for my peace of mind !!For the last 6 months I have been sleeping less and less.Just over the uncertainty over this car..I guess I just need to make another trip out there!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Needing info on a restorer in arkansas