C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Help with 63 interior rear quarter panels

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:23 PM
rccarson
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Help with 63 interior rear quarter panels

Does anyone have a diagram (or photo with measurements) of a 63 coupe interior quarter panel after it has been installed? I have new parts and they are flat and need to be bent at the return area under rear windows. I have tried making a card board template and have come up with several ways to make bend and want to know which is correct way. I did not keep my originals so I cannot compare.
RC
Old 04-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

NEVER throw anything original away !
At least not until you're satisfied with its replacement.

I could take pics but I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.
Do you mean this piece on each side ?
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2015, 11:53 AM
rccarson
Racer

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
NEVER throw anything original away !
At least not until you're satisfied with its replacement.

I could take pics but I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.
Do you mean this piece on each side ?
Those are the pieces that I am referring to. They started out as a flat piece and the top flap was folded over to create a return that gets screwed to a bracket under the window and on top of the the wheel well. I need the dimensions of that flap so I can recreate it.
RC
Old 04-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

OK - these are original (but re-dyed pieces). Looks like 9-1/2" across the top to the rear bend; 9-1/2" across the bottom to the rear bend. The bottom of the bend is displaced about 2-1/2" from the top of the bend.

The bent portion is actually a tad more than 90* bent back towards the front of the car.

These are close but best I can do without dis-assembling something - that ain't gonna happen.
That last measurement is hard to see - what with me leaning backwards across the jack board juggling my camera and two tape measures in two hands; you'll have to trust me...its within a nit of 2-1/2" when viewed straight on with edges aligned - the picture kinda sucks.

Good luck...
Attached Images    

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 04-16-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:12 PM
rccarson
Racer

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
OK - these are original (but re-dyed pieces). Looks like 9-1/2" across the top to the rear bend; 9-1/2" across the bottom to the rear bend. The bottom of the bend is displaced about 2-1/2" from the top of the bend.

The bent portion is actually a tad more than 90* bent back towards the front of the car.

These are close but best I can do without dis-assembling something - that ain't gonna happen.
That last measurement is hard to see - what with me leaning backwards across the jack board juggling my camera and two tape measures in two hands; you'll have to trust me...its within a nit of 2-1/2" when viewed straight on with edges aligned - the picture kinda sucks.

Good luck...
Thanks Frank!
I will go out and give it a try.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with 63 interior rear quarter panels

Quick Reply: Help with 63 interior rear quarter panels