C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Two forum questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:10 PM
chevahaulic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two forum questions

Why are sticky " locked threads " still showing ?
How do ads from three / four years back suddenly appear ?

If the thread is locked, i.e. end of an auction, parts / car sold, why does it remain ? There is no value to this information.

When someone post a thread the current date is automatic. How do old posts from years back get reposted without a current date / time ? Many do not search out the date of the ad and it becomes a big joke when someone responds to a four year old post. Many times the original poster is no longer on the forum.
While your busy removing what you think is controversial and not an aid to the particular ad ......... can you check on the remainder of the above?
Your most welcome.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

You're barking up the wrong tree with those questions on this forum. Go to the help and feedback forum under forums at the top of page and ask there.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:15 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by chevahaulic
Why are sticky " locked threads " still showing ?

we lock them to redirect to another thread OR they are posted for informational purposes and not to be replied to

How do ads from three / four years back suddenly appear ?

someone replies to an old thread or adds new info

If the thread is locked, i.e. end of an auction, parts / car sold, why does it remain ? There is no value to this information.

it is locked per forum rules....its not deleted in case there is a dispute

When someone post a thread the current date is automatic. How do old posts from years back get reposted without a current date / time ? Many do not search out the date of the ad and it becomes a big joke when someone responds to a four year old post. Many times the original poster is no longer on the forum.
While your busy removing what you think is controversial and not an aid to the particular ad ......... can you check on the remainder of the above?
Your most welcome.

Hope my answers clear some stuff up

and on that note....next time just PM a Mod or Admin as opposed to posting a thread...Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Two forum questions

Quick Reply: Two forum questions