C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C-2 Ridetech Susp Arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:58 PM
1rad55
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Adding Corvette Dynamic's Flares to my C-2

Well, now that I've finished the suspension, drivetrain, etc.... to my 66 Restro mod, it's off to the local Corvette Paint/Body shop to add flares and paint which will be Corvette Torch Red.

First of all.....a very loud shout out goes to Corvette Dynamics for their outstanding quality in their hand laid flares. The fit is amazing which required very little adjustments according to my body man! But the main attribute that I like about these flares is that they do not destroy the original body side body lines of the C-2....they just "bow" out on the sides while maintaining the stock look from the side of the car! These front/rear flares will add approximately 1.5" to my wheelwell clearance which will allow an upgrade to larger rims/tires front and rear! At this point I leaning towards 18"x8.5" fronts and 20"x10" rears....haven't decided on brand/style yet! I'll have to wait until the car is finished being painted and back on the ground to confirm all backspacing dimensions plus positive offset on the outbound side. Here's some pictures of the install...I'm getting excited!
Attached Images        
Old 07-16-2016, 03:53 AM
65-StingRay
Burning Brakes

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

You have done a great job. Really like the fender flares. Should look terrific once it's painted.

65-StingRay
Old 07-18-2016, 07:43 AM
0Rodney@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks like it's coming together nicely. Are you painting it back to the blue that was on it?
Old 07-18-2016, 06:49 PM
1rad55
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodney@ridetech
Looks like it's coming together nicely. Are you painting it back to the blue that was on it?
I decided to go with late model Corvette Torch Red instead of the factory Nassau blue......

Quick Reply: C-2 Ridetech Susp Arrived!