C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C-2 Ridetech Susp Arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:05 AM
1rad55
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Default C-2 Ridetech Susp Arrived!

I just received 6 very heavy Fed EX boxes from Ridetech containing front/rear coil over susp systems with front sway bar, offset trailing arms, etc....beautiful components! I purchase these items at the Goodguys show @ Raleigh last week and Ridetech offered a carshow discount of free shipping which would of been an extra $291. Plus I also called them the next week and asked them if I could still get free shipping on their Borgeson PS Steering box kit and they said yes.....which was another savings on shipping cost as it was shipped straight from Borgeson's factory.....great guys to work with!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Neat!

I have watched a few of their videos and its intriguing. Please do a "build" thread for us to follow!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:57 AM
64con
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would love to install that in my car. Keep us posted on your retrofit progress and results please. What's your plan for brakes?
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Kkujaw
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Keep us posted, I'm looking to do the same thing this fall. What wheel/tire combo are planning on putting on?
Old 04-30-2015, 09:53 PM
1rad55
Racer

Default C-2 Ridetech susp Arrived

Originally Posted by 64con
I would love to install that in my car. Keep us posted on your retrofit progress and results please. What's your plan for brakes?
I plan on using C5 Z06 calipers which I already have (Kore3 billets hubs and caliper brackets) and 13" drilled/slotted/ zinc coated rotors. I haven't decided on the rear brake system yet. I have the matching rear Z06 calipers/etc. but not aware of anyone supplying a kit for this conversion.

Attached is a picture of all the Ridetech components that I received in 6 boxes yesterday.......now the fun begins!
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
reedkona (01-20-2016)
Old 04-30-2015, 11:14 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default But isn't there supposed to be 7 boxes!

Just messing with you!

If the layout was on a better back drop, it would make for a good advertising poster!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:18 PM
1rad55
Racer

Default C-2 Ridetech Susp Arrived!

Originally Posted by Kkujaw
Keep us posted, I'm looking to do the same thing this fall. What wheel/tire combo are planning on putting on?
I haven't made up my mind on rims yet. I might consider the new all aluminum rally rims that look like the original steel rally rims with the small hubcap in center but with a polish lip instead of SS ring. With the Ridetech offset trailing arms, you can go up to 8.5" rear and I'll probably do 7" up front. Tire sizes to be determined!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Received 1,962 Likes on 664 Posts

For crying out loud!!! . . . would somebody please finish up the install, drive the car, and report back to us their thoughts??? . . . the suspense is killin' me!!!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:19 AM
0chase@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me know when you get it all on! I am looking forward to hearing your results
Old 05-04-2015, 11:06 AM
0chase@ridetech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tom Austin
For crying out loud!!! . . . would somebody please finish up the install, drive the car, and report back to us their thoughts??? . . . the suspense is killin' me!!!
Tom,
Come out at see us at one of the events and we will get you a ride in our car. Check out the Ridetech 48 Hour Corvette event schedule:

http://www.ridetech.com/48hourcorvet...nt-schedule-2/
Old 05-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by chase@ridetech
Tom,
Come out at see us at one of the events and we will get you a ride in our car. Check out the Ridetech 48 Hour Corvette event schedule:

http://www.ridetech.com/48hourcorvet...nt-schedule-2/
Thanks for the offer Chase . . . I have already checked out the schedule - and the one I was planning to attend (also the closest to me) is Carlisle. That is . . . until my wife's nephew picked that weekend for his wedding! Thanks alo for answering my multiple IM's . . . I'll have a few more in the coming weeks!

Tom
Old 05-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Crunch527
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts

I like the looks of it...

Too bad it requires new calipers/hubs/wheels/tires...

As others have mentioned, Id be curious to hear how you sort the brakes/wheels tires...

Cheers,

Frank
Old 05-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Crunch527
I like the looks of it...

Too bad it requires new calipers/hubs/wheels/tires...

As others have mentioned, Id be curious to hear how you sort the brakes/wheels tires...

Cheers,

Frank
Frank,

NOT SO FAST! I've been "chatting" with Chase over the past few weeks . . . it only requires new calipers/hubs/rotors . . . from a Chevy A-Body . . . I can use my 15" rallye wheels & tires!!!

Tom
Old 05-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Crunch527
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts

Tom,

That is great news!! When I first saw this kit I was very interested but the more I learned I got turned off a bit because it wasn't obvious to me that there were more requirements for parts...I kind of stumbled into that discussion. I figured id sit back and wait to see what the complete answer looked like.

Anyway, for a stage 2 kit with sway bars, plus the addl calipers/hubs/rotors AND appropriate sized wheels and performance tires it looks to me like it would cost about $10K to get it all done? That assumes I do the install.

I hear you on using the stock 15inch tires. However, doesn't using the stock wheels/tires defeat the purpose of adding all this modern suspension?
I could see using the original disc brakes since they are very capable, but not the skinny stock wheel/tire combo. Am I wrong here?

At any rate, my initial plan included new/wider wheels and tires...I didn't realize the requirement for calipers, hubs etc...that is where I started to distance myself from this idea...starting to creep into enough money where it starts to make me think about adding a few bucks and going with a SRIII chassis.

I do like the kit...just more that has to be done (more $$$$) than I understood.

Oh, Cars and Coffee was awesome as usual...I may be up there the weekend of the 15th.

Cheers,

Frank
Old 05-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Crunch527
Tom,

That is great news!! When I first saw this kit I was very interested but the more I learned I got turned off a bit because it wasn't obvious to me that there were more requirements for parts...I kind of stumbled into that discussion. I figured id sit back and wait to see what the complete answer looked like.

Anyway, for a stage 2 kit with sway bars, plus the addl calipers/hubs/rotors AND appropriate sized wheels and performance tires it looks to me like it would cost about $10K to get it all done? That assumes I do the install.

I hear you on using the stock 15inch tires. However, doesn't using the stock wheels/tires defeat the purpose of adding all this modern suspension?
I could see using the original disc brakes since they are very capable, but not the skinny stock wheel/tire combo. Am I wrong here?

At any rate, my initial plan included new/wider wheels and tires...I didn't realize the requirement for calipers, hubs etc...that is where I started to distance myself from this idea...starting to creep into enough money where it starts to make me think about adding a few bucks and going with a SRIII chassis.

I do like the kit...just more that has to be done (more $$$$) than I understood.

Oh, Cars and Coffee was awesome as usual...I may be up there the weekend of the 15th.

Cheers,

Frank
Frank,

While I find this suspension package to offer the ultimate in many areas, I'm considering doing the upgrade in stages . . . starting with only the front suspension and using my wheels and tires. That will add (I believe) a dramatically improved steering system that these cars desperately need. I would then add the rear system (as my time and budget allow) . . . and then eventually upgrade to 17" wheels and tires. YES . . . it can be done in stages . . . I've already checked!!!

I'll see you @ Cars & Coffee on the 16th!

Tom
Old 05-06-2015, 09:25 AM
1rad55
Racer

Default C-2 Ridetech Suspension Install

[QUOTE=1rad55;1589536990]I plan on using C5 Z06 calipers which I already have (Kore3 billets hubs and caliper brackets) and 13" drilled/slotted/ zinc coated rotors. I haven't decided on the rear brake system yet. I have the matching rear Z06 calipers/etc. but not aware of anyone supplying a kit for this conversion.

Attached is a picture of all the Ridetech components that I received in 6 boxes yesterday.......now the fun begins![/QUOTE

Update.....just started installing front suspension yesterday. Went very smooth as the Ridetech instructions are very detailed. I have the upper/lower a-arms/coilover shocks/spindles and Borgenson steering box installed so far and will finish up the steering components and sway bar today..... hopefully!
Attached Images   
Old 05-12-2015, 09:24 AM
1rad55
Racer

[QUOTE=1rad55;1589572784]
Originally Posted by 1rad55
I plan on using C5 Z06 calipers which I already have (Kore3 billets hubs and caliper brackets) and 13" drilled/slotted/ zinc coated rotors. I haven't decided on the rear brake system yet. I have the matching rear Z06 calipers/etc. but not aware of anyone supplying a kit for this conversion.

Attached is a picture of all the Ridetech components that I received in 6 boxes yesterday.......now the fun begins![/QUOTE

Update.....just started installing front suspension yesterday. Went very smooth as the Ridetech instructions are very detailed. I have the upper/lower a-arms/coilover shocks/spindles and Borgenson steering box installed so far and will finish up the steering components and sway bar today..... hopefully!
Completed install of Ridetech's front susp components. Awaiting arrival of billet hubs/caliper brackets for Z06 front brake/rotor install. Also installed stainless header that cleared the new Borgenson steering box ok. I did have to shorten the collectors 2" to provide enough clearance for the bottom floor pan where the gas pedal is located. Now it off to start the removal of the old rear susp!
Attached Images    

Get notified of new replies

To C-2 Ridetech Susp Arrived!

Old 05-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Y0GI
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything looks beautiful! Really first class - except for the starter and oil filter canister. I'm sure that those will be taken care of in due time.

Keep up the good work!

Yogi
Old 05-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Smittys67
Intermediate

Its looking good! The smile will last for days after you drive it.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:26 AM
1rad55
Racer

Default C-2 Ridetech Susp Install

Originally Posted by Smittys67
Its looking good! The smile will last for days after you drive it.
Update....just installed the Ridetech differential brace in the rear of car. Lot of cleaning and painting prior. Awaiting the completion of my rear trailing arms/spindles/bearings/etc. so I can complete the install of the rear susp.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: C-2 Ridetech Susp Arrived!