C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1960 Corvette Door Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:46 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

Default 1960 Corvette Door Question

Well this car is turning into a mystery. First my 1960 weatherstripping would not work and a fellow member pointed out that my 1960 Corvette has 56 to early 58 door posts. Now I bought brand new door panels from Al Knoch. I always noticed on the back of my old one I was missing the 2nd reflector although the hole is on the back side. So now I go to install my new panels and first I have noticed most of the holes are not lining up with the holes in the doors and there are no holes even where the panel holes are? Now either I am not installing it correct or there is no cavity for that 2nd reflector to recess in to? I might just be tired or going crazy or maybe I don't have 60 doors? The first pic is of my old door panels, the second is my new door panel 1/2 on the car and the 3rd pic is my attempt to take a pic of where it is hitting. Any thoughts?

I'm starting to think this car has bad karma. Yesterday I went inside to eat dinner at 6pm. Came back at 7pm and the garage was full of yellow jackets swarming around. There must have been 30 of them. I shut the door and trapped them inside to see if I could tell if I had a nest in the wall? They all went to the front of the garage trying to get out of the windows. After 20 minutes I opened the door, and they left. No yellow jackets tonight. Some things I just can't explain?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:17 PM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

You could very easily have a 56-57 door. Or doors. They will fit a 60.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:33 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

You have 58 doors. The door pull is high on a 58, and lower/forward on a 60-62.

Mike Coletta
Old 05-06-2015, 05:36 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

The 58 doors will have the door pull higher than a 60-62. Post a picture of the door.

Mike Coletta
Old 05-07-2015, 10:15 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

Thanks for the response Mike. I have not forgot I have just been working. This weekend I'm gonna dig into it more. After I had help from a neighbor to hold the panel and I had everything lined up the 2nd reflector caught the corner of the access panel. I talked with Mike McCagh yesterday and he gave me some tips. I turned the bracket slightly and had to modify the edge just a bit and now it works. My poor Corvette has certainly seen some use through the years.

My window **** that the crank goes on moves when I roll the window down. It rotates to the upper left of the access circle. I hope tightening up the nut to the left of that area will fix this? I know pics would help, but I have to get to bed so I can make money to pay for all this restoration. I'm either going to have it done in 2 weeks or run out of funds

Get notified of new replies

To 1960 Corvette Door Question

Quick Reply: 1960 Corvette Door Question