C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

My '65 Vette question of the day!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Brumbach
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I've sent a pm in behalf of my son who's interested in buying and restoring and possessing for the joy of it but no response. Possibly the guy is only blowing off steam out of frustration. I don't park mine just any where and worry about it if not in plain view or in my garage. But I did the same with my kids when they were young too. This hobby is not for everyone.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:00 PM
raylag64
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rtruman
Ok I will take it 25,000 should buy a nice truck
Have you seen the price of trucks lately?
Old 05-23-2015, 08:20 PM
rtruman
Safety Car

Received 441 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by raylag64
Have you seen the price of trucks lately?
A two door ford pick up with air no extras what more do you need
Old 05-23-2015, 08:27 PM
zeeker
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay gents, feel free (or not) to stop beating me up about this. Yes, I could drive it down to the dealer and throw the keys on the counter, but I'm not ready to sell it yet. Somebody wanted to know about the OP so here's his story. Back in the day he owned a chain of auto parts stores and had the wherewithal to buy Corvettes. He didn't KNOW ANYTHING about vettes, he just liked them. For an example, he took a '58 Fuelie to a Corvette auction in Knoxville one time and got a number. Before the sale, a guy in the parking lot gave him his price but wanted his spot in the auction. Since he didn't have anything to sell, he gave it to him. Well, the car was bought and sold three times and when it went across the block, it sold for twice what he sold it for. He and one of his employees (who knew a wrench from a screwdriver) put this car together back in the mid eighties. When It looked good he just quit. He took it out and drove it once in a while then parked it and covered it up. (15 years ago) He could of cared less about that car! He has another house in Florida and was fixing to leave town and just leave it sit there and rot. I'm retired and needed a fresh project so we played let's make a deal. My goal was and STILL IS, was to make everything that didn't work...WORK! This project is far from finished and I never said I wanted to sell it TODAY.....Heck, as I drive it around this summer, I may get enthused again. I had a couple of '62s in my younger days. Anybody who thinks I'm some kind of investment tycoon trying to make a fast buck has me Dead wrong! I know the hobby isn't cheap but playing golf a lot isn't either. What else does anyone want to know......zeeker
Old 05-23-2015, 08:44 PM
rtruman
Safety Car

Originally Posted by zeeker
Okay gents, feel free (or not) to stop beating me up about this. Yes, I could drive it down to the dealer and throw the keys on the counter, but I'm not ready to sell it yet. Somebody wanted to know about the OP so here's his story. Back in the day he owned a chain of auto parts stores and had the wherewithal to buy Corvettes. He didn't KNOW ANYTHING about vettes, he just liked them. For an example, he took a '58 Fuelie to a Corvette auction in Knoxville one time and got a number. Before the sale, a guy in the parking lot gave him his price but wanted his spot in the auction. Since he didn't have anything to sell, he gave it to him. Well, the car was bought and sold three times and when it went across the block, it sold for twice what he sold it for. He and one of his employees (who knew a wrench from a screwdriver) put this car together back in the mid eighties. When It looked good he just quit. He took it out and drove it once in a while then parked it and covered it up. (15 years ago) He could of cared less about that car! He has another house in Florida and was fixing to leave town and just leave it sit there and rot. I'm retired and needed a fresh project so we played let's make a deal. My goal was and STILL IS, was to make everything that didn't work...WORK! This project is far from finished and I never said I wanted to sell it TODAY.....Heck, as I drive it around this summer, I may get enthused again. I had a couple of '62s in my younger days. Anybody who thinks I'm some kind of investment tycoon trying to make a fast buck has me Dead wrong! I know the hobby isn't cheap but playing golf a lot isn't either. What else does anyone want to know......zeeker
Having fun now that I know you .
You do have a nice ride and you will make money on it for sure.
Drive it for a while and have fun. if you get tired of it let me know!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:02 PM
zeeker
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks rtruman. You be second right behind Brumbach's kid. (although I think he wants one now) I was thinking the low forty's but I just checked Hagerty's price guide and almost fell off my chair. Is that stuff for real?????
Old 05-24-2015, 08:38 AM
rtruman
Safety Car

Originally Posted by zeeker
Thanks rtruman. You be second right behind Brumbach's kid. (although I think he wants one now) I was thinking the low forty's but I just checked Hagerty's price guide and almost fell off my chair. Is that stuff for real?????
Your spot on at mid forties should be able to move it with new bushings no issues'. Bushings and alignment 900 to 1000 bucks in my area.

Quick Reply: My '65 Vette question of the day!