C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1958 f. i. car not start when cold

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 03:53 PM
4~VETTES
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1958 f. i. car not start when cold

I have a 1958 f.i.car with a 7014900 injection unit with a not start when cold. I have found the power enrichment valve in the cold enrichment housing is hanging up. I have tried to clean it but it is not reliable, any better way to clean it or can i replace the small power enrichment valve. The valve when it hangs up feels gritty. Thanks for the help! Rick.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:24 PM
4~VETTES
Heel & Toe

Hi Jerry. Thanks for the reply. I did the rebuild myself and this is a new problem. I did word the my first post wrong, the engine will start but dies after a few seconds and the enrichment lever goes to normal run to early. I have the small book by Clyer Publication i am using to trouble shoot my problem. I have freed the valve up some but it still hangs up sometimes, i have tried cleaning using air and three different cleaners. I did look on Ramjets site he shows some cold enrichment small parts. Can i pop the soft plug out clean it and get a new soft plug? Thanks, Rick
Old 05-27-2015, 02:52 PM
4~VETTES
Heel & Toe

Hi Jerry, I ended up taking the welch plug out and cleaned it up, soaking it wouldn't do the trick. I am glad i took it apart,the small .015 vent hole was pluged tight, used a torch cleaning tip and was able to clear it. The old girl runs like a new one. Thanks for the advice. Rick,

Get notified of new replies

To 1958 f. i. car not start when cold

Quick Reply: 1958 f. i. car not start when cold