C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1961 front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 04:15 AM
bulldog90
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1961 front license plate bracket

I have a question that someone has to have dealt with. I took the front license plate bracket off my 61 as I prefer the cleaner look. Now of course there are the 2 slots where the brackets were thAt are visible.

Is there an aftermarket fiberglass part thAt would mount and provide some coverage. I do not want to glass in the holes.

Odd question I know. I looked on corvette image site and did not see anything.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:26 PM
mcb55-210
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldog90
I have a question that someone has to have dealt with. I took the front license plate bracket off my 61 as I prefer the cleaner look. Now of course there are the 2 slots where the brackets were thAt are visible.

Is there an aftermarket fiberglass part thAt would mount and provide some coverage. I do not want to glass in the holes.

Odd question I know. I looked on corvette image site and did not see anything.

I run without a front plate, and did not do anything with the slots. Then again, my car is black, so they don't really jump out at you.

If you feel the need to fill the area, you could form a bracket that would mount to the original location, and fabricate a "filler" piece to fill the void. Prep, paint, and mount.

Mike

Quick Reply: 1961 front license plate bracket