C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Compressor Decal Code Number -Laser Printer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 11:24 PM
emdoller
Melting Slicks

Received 479 Likes on 336 Posts

Default Compressor Decal Code Number -Laser Printer!

I've read several threads on the frigidaire compressor decal and the need for a type writer to type in the code number.

Not having one I decided to try another method that I'd thought I'd share. I wasn't sure if it would work, but it ended up working quite nicely.

Here's what I started with.

As you can see it's blank. I measured it and made made a rectangle in powerpoint the exact size. I then added another smaller rectangle within the bigger one where the code would be printed. I then printed the paper on a laser printer which of course was simply two boxes. One was the outline and the other was where the number should go. Once it looked like it was correct, meaning they lined up properly with the decal, I added the number in the box and erased everything else.

I then taped down the decal using blue masking tape and printed it. Here's what I got:

I worked but wherever there wasn't blue tape holding the decal down, the decal got dull. It's hard to see from the picture but trust me, it did. My guess is from the heat of the laser printer. FYI, its not the black looking smudge, that's a reflection from taking the picture... not easy to get a good picture with something this reflective.

Because the area under the tape looked good, I decided to cover the entire decal with blue tape except where the box was that would be printed in.

Here's what I got:

Looks great! If you want my powerpoint template PM me and I'll send it to you. If you use it, remember to put the paper upside down with the decal towards the outside of the printer tray.

Happy laser printing!!

Ed
Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Ed:

I like it. Thanks for posting and offering the templet to CF Members.

Larry

Quick Reply: Compressor Decal Code Number -Laser Printer!